238 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
dmsumon says

Is there any money receieving feee of MoneyBookers? Can anybody answer please?

161 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
themebros says

I think there’s no fee on receiving money, just on withdrawing ($1.80).

238 posts
  • Exclusive Author
dmsumon says

I think there’s no fee on receiving money, just on withdrawing ($1.80).

Do you have any experience or is it just your guess?

161 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
themebros says

From experience, $50K in the past 2 years. Even if there are fees on receiving money it’s so little that i never noticed or needed to check, but i’m pretty sure there’s no fees on that.

But if you want i can check the statements.

4377 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
Dzinc says

Hi dmsumon, according to Moneybooker’s website, receiving funds is free of charge for personal accounts. The mentioned link also provides a list of withdrawal fees and supported local payment methods, so be sure to check it out.

In addition, there are currency conversion and service fees. (where applicable)

For transactions involving currency conversion Skrill (Moneybookers) adds 2.49% to our wholesale exchange rates for foreign currency.

Non-business accounts will be charged a monthly service fee of 1.00 EUR (or equivalent). The fee will be waived and thus the usage of the Skrill (Moneybookers) service is FREE if the user has logged into the account or made a transaction in the last 12 months*. Otherwise the service fee will be deducted monthly from the account balance.
238 posts
  • Exclusive Author
dmsumon says

Yes I also knew that there is no money recieving fee on MB. I have heard the same reply from other people too but unfortunately whenever I get money from Themeforest to MoneyBookers they charge me 3.9% of the total money I got from Themeforest. :( I also want to add that I am using a personal account. Few days ago I emailed them to know that while some of my other freelancer friends get money without any charge then why MoneyBookers is charging me this extra 3.9%? Then they replied me the following :

Dear Mr. Sumon,

Thank you for your e-mail.
As per your inquiry, please note that we define as “commercial” every user, offering any kind of services  or  products for any  fee, rate, charge, commission  or other consideration that generates income,  either directly  (through their own web site) or indirectly (through auction sites, classified ads, freelancing sites,  or other 3rd party sources) in connection with any activities intended for profit.

Your account will be considered as been used for commercial purpose also in case you’re executing payouts to your suppliers, employees, sub-contractors and other entities, directly or indirectly connected to your on-line or off-line business activities.

As per the above, we would like to confirm that yours is a commercial account and therefore subject to our commercial fees.

The complete fee schedule is available here:

http://www.moneybookers.com/ads/merchant-account/fees/

Please, do not hesitate to contact us again in case you need any further assistance.

With kind regards, Merchant Services Skrill, the Future of Moneybookers

After receiving their email I again emailed them that I am just a freelancer not a merchant and don’t use my account “Commercially” Then they again replied saying “We treat every user as commercial if he is generating some profit. As per your inquiry, please note that in order to be able to downgrade your account to one for personal use, we would need you to provide us with a signed declaration (in your own words), stating that you will not use your account for commercial purposes any longer.

We define as “commercial” every user, offering any kind of services or products for any fee, rate, charge, commission or other consideration that generates income, either directly (through their own web site) or indirectly (through auction sites, classified ads, freelancing sites, or other 3rd party sources) in connection with any activities intended for profit. “

So I want some advice as according to their last email they say ” We would like to kindly advice you that once the declaration is received and the account downgraded you will not be allowed to accept/ send payments for commercial purposes. In case you intend to start doing so, you will need to contact us and advise us of this intention. Please note that in case you continue using the account for commercial purpose, once it has been downgraded, you will be subject to a repair fee, in accordance to our terms of use.”

Do I tell them to downgrade my account to be treated as noncommercial?

1466 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

Nope, it says nicely, if you receive funds generated by selling stuff on your website or 3rd party website, you fall under the commercial domain.

That means, you should not downgrade your account as you will no longer be able to receive funds from Envato.

161 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
themebros says

You shouldn’t have selected business/commercial account.

306 posts Tabvn
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
tabvn says

Fees is 3% receive money. I switched to SWIFT, it is better, and cheaper fee.

161 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
themebros says

Fees is 3% receive money. I switched to SWIFT, it is better, and cheaper fee.

Depends on the country. I for example can’t use SWIFT transfers because the bank wants me to give them copy of the contracts i have with Envato, and there aren’t any contracts.

by
by
by
by
by
by