629 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VagrantRadio says

The details of my life are quite inconsequential…. Very well, where do I begin?

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament…

My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon… luge lessons… In the spring, we’d make meat helmets… When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really.

164 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
GFXsupport says

I tried a milestones thread but no one cared to share their own milestones heh

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/tell-us-about-your-internet-milestones/24364

2 posts
Xtreme2 says

Oh,so interesting.Thanks for share)

28 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
steinikallinn says

Quake 2 mods :D

I figured there were some features missing in multiplayer so I began learning C++ to make my own Q2 mod. Can’t say it worked very well but never the less, it was gaming that got me into programming.

1276 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+15 more
ChristineWilde Envato team says

Hi everyone, here is my story…

It all started when I was very young, I loved to draw and paint. My granddad was an amazing painter and used to teach me the odd thing about painting. When I was in school I wanted to be a vet or a marine biologist but I didn’t really enjoy my Science lessons enough to go on for another 7 years doing it.

I then thought why not get into graphics and art. I chose Graphics as one of my GCSE chosen subjects and got an A*. I then went onto college to study a BTEC in Art & Design at this point I knew I wanted to create graphics on the computer such as 3D models and graphic design. My dream at that point was to work for Pixar or Dreamworks as a 3D modeller. I passed by course with flying colours and then went onto university.

I did a bachelors honours degree on Graphic Image Making which basically covered every digital design media possible apart from website design, I went on to graduate with a 2:1. In my 3rd year a family friend employed me at his design studio where I started to learn website and print design. 2 years later and I’m now the lead website designer in a local website design company that runs many of it’s own online social sites.

My dream now is to go freelance or set up my own business in graphic design, website design and 3D modelling. I still have the dream to move to America and work for Pixar or Dreamworks, maybe 1 day.

My brother is now following in my footsteps and is currently studying at the same university I studied at.

217 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
CreativeStable says

I actually didn’t own a computer until really late in the game. When I took typing tests in school, I actually got negative words per minute because I was so slow and had so many mistakes. I was really good at art though and got 100% pretty consistently in those classes.

After highschool I felt like going to college immediately rather than waiting was the smart thing to do, but the choices were limited. Something involving horses was my first choice but there was no schools for that in the area, so I went with my second choice of Multimedia Production and Design at Selkirk College which was a 2-year program. it covered pretty much everything from traditional art to claymation, video production, project management and web development.

Web development was probably my worst class haha… but I felt that it was where the money was so after I got my diploma I got some further training at some more web-specialized schools. I then worked for a really crappy company for a year before being offered a job at one of the better agencies in town. Which is where I am at now.

I enjoy web stuff, but I think my passion will always be in the horse business. I will most likely switch careers at some point and just do web as a side thing.

by
by
by
by
by
by