5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Netherlands
rickmerkelbach says

While I was finishing my second themeforest theme, I was wondering what kind of people will buy themes from themeforest. Will it be people with absolutely zero skills in (X)HTML/CSS, Wordpress, etc. Or will it be people who already know a thing or two about (X)HTML, Wordpress, etc.

Now that I’ve finished my second theme, I want to start on the documentation for both themes. Do I have to make it “noob”-proof, like a step-by-step walkthrough on how to replace the placeholder logo/menu/whatever with their own logo/menu/whatever?

Or would a simple text-file with an explanation of all the PSD ’s (for logo’s, menu’s, etc.) suffice?

I wanted to buy one of the available theme’s as an example but I guess PayPal screwed up so I’ll have to wait till the weekend’s over…

- Rick

1529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Hey Rick!

These are excellent questions. The answer is probably all sorts of people, we’re planning on advertising on both web development sites and sites for businesses and bloggers and what not. Hopefully we’ll get both varieties of users (noobs and pros).

Still it is hard to know, I guess we’ll see in a week and a half when we kick out of beta! ;-)

1431 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

I would say it is better to provide A-Z for the users. No harm to do more. But the thing is, the price is a bit low here. However, I am ok with that. Just that some people may disagree with the price being set while they think they deserve more than that.

Personally, I realize that it is hard to sell theme. Putting the price lower may increase the possibility of purchasing.

I am wondering, for the demo page. How you guys going to do that? 1 sample for all kind of theme? As I know, some theme may required custom setup, some with a few custom fields for a post. Or you guys going to make it manually for every theme?

Just my opinion, is it possible to provide a custom link for author who can provide demo site themselves?

10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
jmm460 says

I was wondering this as well, but now there are so many themes on here I like, I will probably buy one every time someone buys one of my themes. So much for making money on this site :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by