1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
bazzlem says

Are people on here buying themes, to edit and set up for their own clients?

I am new to themeforest. Basically I have been making static websites for a long time. I am trying to migrate to making CMS websites, however the designing for static websites was so much easier. Are people buying themes from here, to edit, and thereafter sell to their clients?

I really want to learn how to build a website design from scratch for wordpress. I would feel guilt by purchasing a theme from her, editing it up a bit and then selling it to my client. This is not the norm is it?

Thanks to anyone who replies.

265 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
girlscancode says

Hi and welcome to the market!

Um.. yeah, a couple of people do that. For example, this theme has 21406 sales and counting: http://themeforest.net/item/udesign-wordpress-theme/253220?WT.ac=category_thumb&WT.seg_1=category_thumb&WT.z_author=internq7

Why feel guilty? Themeforest authors make their money this way. Besides you don’t have to hide to your client that you purchased a theme from here. As long as you make a decent amount of modifications (and invest a decent amount of time into adapting the theme you buy from here) – it’s still called work and you’re entitled to be payed for it.

Also, this doesn’t mean that you need to hide from your clients that you purchase the themes from here, as long as you don’t just install the theme like-is and charge $2000 extra for that. You can choose a theme together with your client, this way you make sure you have a solid base to start from, as close as possible to what the final result should look like!

Good luck!

by
by
by
by
by
by