1731 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
gbs says

OK, if I’m making a book cover for a client do I buy regular or extended licence? Let’s say I want to use font or a texture as a part of a particular book cover. Cheers

Well I think you only need a Regular License to work here. You are on a single project of making the book cover for your client and you want to purchase the items to make that cover. I don’t think it’s considered a “resale” as @dekurvajo said.

Check this out: http://graphicriver.net/licenses/regular_extended . Regular license, in term a, c, e, and especially f – it’s your case I think.

So, go with a Regular license and good luck with the works. :)

102 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
adrijusg says

Technically, I am selling him the cover so it may be considered resale.. that’s where it’s confusing… need some mods to contribute here.

OK, if I’m making a book cover for a client do I buy regular or extended licence? Let’s say I want to use font or a texture as a part of a particular book cover. Cheers

Well I think you only need a Regular License to work here. You are on a single project of making the book cover for your client and you want to purchase the items to make that cover. I don’t think it’s considered a “resale” as @dekurvajo said.

Check this out: http://graphicriver.net/licenses/regular_extended . Regular license, in term a, c, e, and especially f – it’s your case I think.

So, go with a Regular license and good luck with the works. :)
1731 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
gbs says

Technically, I am selling him the cover so it may be considered resale.. that’s where it’s confusing… need some mods to contribute here.

I have flagged your post for a staff reply. I think that any staff will refer to this rules: http://graphicriver.net/licenses/regular_extended . So if you have time just check out what your case fits into. As far as I know from what you have described from the beginning, then it’s OK to use Regular.

f. You may use the Work in a work which you are creating for your own purposes or for your client who has asked you to create it.
6 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
vijaya41 says

Yes i agree that the regular license is enough.

10 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
at-hh Reviewer says

Usually – for one project for one client – you only need the regular license. But I think that the question is if the customer wants to resell the book. If that’s the case then you need the extended license.

5190 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

From our Knowledgebase:

Extended License Examples

The Extended License could be used for any of the following:

Single item for sale (eg. used in a book, magazine, greeting card, t-shirt design, game, product packaging, CD, or DVD for sale).

102 posts
  • Exclusive Author
adrijusg says

Thanx a lot! ;)

I have flagged your post for a staff reply. I think that any staff will refer to this rules: http://graphicriver.net/licenses/regular_extended . So if you have time just check out what your case fits into. As far as I know from what you have described from the beginning, then it’s OK to use Regular.

f. You may use the Work in a work which you are creating for your own purposes or for your client who has asked you to create it.
102 posts
  • Exclusive Author
adrijusg says

Thank you!

Doesn't really make sense to buy stuff here for it then, since one element will cost half or sometimes even more of the price for a cover design. Sad.. Some great stuff here on GR.

From our Knowledgebase:

Extended License Examples

The Extended License could be used for any of the following: Single item for sale (eg. used in a book, magazine, greeting card, t-shirt design, game, product packaging, CD, or DVD for sale).
1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

Man… think about it. The buyer should be your clients. Thats all. Still don’t get it? “Single item for sale” You do the design, typography, etc… thats an another thing, another invoice. And yes, you might have to explain to him, this part of your job is an another thing. Also you have to tell him, there is no exclusivity, that photo or illustration could be appear any time on an another book cover or whatever. An another solution is hire an illustrator, he will do the job with exclusivity but you can be sure, the price will be much different. And if the illustrator is a pro, he would like to know which country, which publisher, how many pieces (numero), how many years etc…

by
by
by
by
by
by