177 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
DanaosC says

Hello guys I decided I want to dedicate my life in Designing.
My budget is 2.500$ and I want to buy a good Machine
I’ve though that a Mac is better but I really need suggestions from some Veterans here.
Do I need to buy a PC or a Mac? If a it’s a Mac,an iMac or Mac Pro? In both cases,what specs should be better?
I need you to tell me if it’s possible the Ram,CPU,GFX Card etc. Thank you in Advance. -D

564 posts I have hope and a wonderful future in God
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
yeremia says
DanChristopoulos said
I’ve though that a Mac is better but I really need suggestions from some Veterans here.
Do I need to buy a PC or a Mac? If a it’s a Mac,an iMac or Mac Pro? In both cases,what specs should be better?
I need you to tell me if it’s possible the Ram,CPU,GFX Card etc. Thank you in Advance. -D

Hello Dan,

for me Mac is GOOD ! but PC also is good if you but the high quality hardware.

like me, i use PC with i5 processor, RAM 16GB , VGA Card GTX 460 1GB , HDD 1TB.

but more RAM is more better. :)

177 posts
+4 more
DanaosC says
yeremia said
DanChristopoulos said

Hello Dan,

And how much all these cost? I’d want the Best Machine I can buy with 2500$

564 posts I have hope and a wonderful future in God
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
yeremia says
DanChristopoulos said
yeremia said
DanChristopoulos said

Hello Dan,

And how much all these cost? I’d want the Best Machine I can buy with 2500$

in Indonesia the price only 2000$ :)

177 posts
+4 more
DanaosC says

I see.but I still don’t know if a PC is good for these stuff..I need the best PC/Mac with 2500$ XD
Anyway Thank you for your replies,I will wait more fore sure from others.

5220 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+11 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Depends what you like best.

Mac isn’t better. Just different.

I prefer Mac.

Whatever you get, don’t try to save money on the GPU … $300 should get you a killer one these days. I would currently recommend nVidia….

You’ll end up spending more on a Mac. I personally think it’s worth it because I like the operating system. I find I work faster with it, that it’s less confusing and focusses me better on what’s important.

I also like the fact that since Macs have a very minimal number of hardware configurations that the OS tends to be very stable.

-f.

177 posts
+4 more
DanaosC says
felt_tips said
Depends what you like best.

Mac isn’t better. Just different.

I prefer Mac.

Whatever you get, don’t try to save money on the GPU … $300 should get you a killer one these days. I would currently recommend nVidia….

You’ll end up spending more on a Mac. I personally think it’s worth it because I like the operating system. I find I work faster with it, that it’s less confusing and focusses me better on what’s important.

I also like the fact that since Macs have a very minimal number of hardware configurations that the OS tends to be very stable.

-f.

When you say that “Mac isn’t better. Just different. ”,that does not mean that Macs are worse right? And if I choose a Mac,should I buy an iMac or Mac Pro? And what specs should I buy with 2500$ max? And what could be better to buy with 2500$? A Mac or PC? ( I already have,keyboard,Mouse and a Monitor if it’s PC)

270 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+4 more
VinhSonNguyen says
DanChristopoulos said
When you say that “Mac isn’t better. Just different. ”,that does not mean that Macs are worse right? And if I choose a Mac,should I buy an iMac or Mac Pro? And what specs should I buy with 2500$ max?

Mac and Windows are not better or worse, they’re just two different operating systems for different purposes. If you’ve been a Windows user all your life and you want to MAXIMIZE your money, then go for a custom Windows PC. If you want your money worth it but not exactly MAXIMIZE it (spec wise) then go for a Mac. I must agree, Mac seems more stable, in fact, my old 2007 iMac runs pretty darn close to my recent custom PC.

I’d recommend a Mac Pro if you have that budget, buy the highest specs you can get with 2.5k. I mean, when you spend that much on a computer, it all kind of feels the same after you past 2k :P

177 posts
+4 more
DanaosC says
VinhSonNguyen said
DanChristopoulos said
When you say that “Mac isn’t better. Just different. ”,that does not mean that Macs are worse right? And if I choose a Mac,should I buy an iMac or Mac Pro? And what specs should I buy with 2500$ max?

Mac and Windows are not better or worse, they’re just two different operating systems for different purposes. If you’ve been a Windows user all your life and you want to MAXIMIZE your money, then go for a custom Windows PC. If you want your money worth it but not exactly MAXIMIZE it (spec wise) then go for a Mac. I must agree, Mac seems more stable, in fact, my old 2007 iMac runs pretty darn close to my recent custom PC.

I’d recommend a Mac Pro if you have that budget, buy the highest specs you can get with 2.5k. I mean, when you spend that much on a computer, it all kind of feels the same after you past 2k :P

Great,So with 2,5k$ I should go for a Mac Pro instead of a PC right? And what specs you suggest?

5220 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+11 more
felt_tips Moderator says

You’re pretty much limited to the lowest spec Mac Pro with $2500. You might find it’s even more in Europe. And I’d say that if motion graphics is your thing, then 3GB RAM isn’t enough. Oh… and that’s just the box… screen is another issue.

Macs are pricey. You could go the iMac route. They’re pretty impressive computers these days. That cuts the price in half. But the Mac Pro is what it says, a Pro machine priced for professionals who earn a good living from it.

Why not check out the Mac configurations and pricing here…

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/mac_pro

Then see how much it would cost you to spec a similar PC. Make sure you get all the components at similar quality and price in any software differences.

Have a look at Boxx. They’re considered one of the highest end PC builders.

http://www.boxxtech.com/products/3DBOXX/7600.asp?prodid=7600

-f.

by
by
by
by
by
by