Just throwing this out there. What do you guys think makes a popular theme. Great style? Great features? Great support? All three? Seems to be on here you could have two identical themes, 1 with hundreds of downloads and the other with very little.
First of all great design with luck and then to maintain the sales, you need to provide better and regular support with updates
< sarcasm > For WordPress themes nowdays you need:
- Make sure you pack 5 themes in 1
- 1000 options
- at least 3 Premium Sliders
- Just in case revolution slider and layerslider are not enough, pack 2 more sliders.
- don’t forget hundreds of shortcodes
- Go To CodeCanyon
- navigate to WordPress section
- order the items by sales
- Pick some more plugins that have thousands of sale and pack it into your theme
And to finish, make your theme look from average to outstanding. Here’s the magic behind popular themes.
< / sarcasm >
Maybe not even that much sarcasm.
The interesting thing is when you listen to those that have a popular theme, almost nobody will mention luck
In most cases you have to have initial luck to get that sale boost in the beginning after that i think in most cases (not all) that initial sales boost will drive others to decide on the theme on sales number, they just jump on the wagon, after that its up to you, you need to provide a fast quality support constant updates to sustain those sales. And with some more luck you will be on that top list for a long time.
For example we had a html theme that got on the most popular list somewhere in the middle, it hung on there and jumped up and down a bit for I think 6 weeks or 7 and then one week it just dropped drastically, sales went down on it 70% after that it never recovered. Why? To be honest I have no clue at all.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.