• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
sightsignal says

Here’s a few quick ones:

1) on our profile page, the profile image (which has no functionality besides being an image) could serve as a huge extra link to our portfolio, which would be sorted by most sold items first, since buyers seem to value items that sell well;

2) make it possible to copy the entire section of the FAQs of an item, so it can be pasted on another item;

3) make the thumbnail’s mouse-over function correctly display a 590×332px preview image, instead of assuming it’s a 590×300 image and cropping the bottom;

4) once every 4 months, put one of those brightly colored notice bars appear on the downloads tab only, prompting buyers to be a cool person and rate any items they haven’t rated yet;

5) giving a rating of 3 stars or below prompts buyer to give mandatory written reason for doing so.

917 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
greenline says

Idea: A section on each marketplace (only seen by authors) named “Most Unwanted” where you can see the type of items you shouldn’t upload because the marketplace is already saturated (to avoid working 2 weeks to upload something that will be rejected because there are already popular premium items doing the same).

388 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Portugal
Dfinepixel says

To add Portrait | Landscape | Square orientation filter to Photodune, i waste soo much time looking for good landscape photos, i believe this is something basic for a stock photography site to hold.

3546 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+3 more
ToivoMedia says

Idea: A section on each marketplace (only seen by authors) named “Most Unwanted” where you can see the type of items you shouldn’t upload because the marketplace is already saturated (to avoid working 2 weeks to upload something that will be rejected because there are already popular premium items doing the same).

There’s already an “items we do and don’t need” section in the knowledge base somewhere. It could maybe be updated though.

917 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
greenline says

There’s already an “items we do and don’t need” section in the knowledge base somewhere. It could maybe be updated though.

Didn’t knew about that, thanks…I have been searching for it in the knowldge base , but I can’t find it, so if someone knows where to find it, could you share it please?

2089 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

Didn’t knew about that, thanks…I have been searching for it in the knowldge base , but I can’t find it, so if someone knows where to find it, could you share it please?

Knowledgebase is very messy and poorly organized, so it’s very understandable that you missed these lists. Plus, I don’t think they exist for all of the marketplaces.

Here they are:
1014 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
Alexlasek says

there u go: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/295

EDIT: urbazon u were faster :)

917 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
greenline says

Thank guys, indeed, I have never seen those. but still codecanyon and themeforest are missing :(

1250 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
Pricop says

Suggestion: Automatically detect author’s country and don’t let/allow authors to declare they are from USA (just to increase sales) when in fact they are from somewhere else. I’ve seen a couple of examples…

I disagree with you here. I don’t think setting your flag to US would increase the sales in any way, it’s about the item quality.

145 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
diamonddew says

Dont know if sum1 already suggested this, bt it’d have been really nice if we could see viewcount on each of our items.. cud atleast know if sum1 clickd on tem :D haha

by
by
by
by
by
by