4 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
tendershoot says

Hi everyone, I am a newbie here. :)...so… Hi.

I found this template that linked here to purchase. I have absolutely no idea what it is. It was on a site called “CSMTHEMES.com” but I am pretty sure it is not CSM but rather Wordpress…

Can anyone out there save me from my confusion and answer a few questions about it? I have done a few websites (one CSM FLASH MOTO and a few simple Wordpress sites), I am doing a new one for a music artist. I love this site, love, love, love the way it looks…

But what is it? How do I work on it? Is it simple? complicated? lot’s of flash? I always have bought from templatemonster.com, nice stuff but not like this. They are really simple and I can get instant chat support… I am worried if I buy this, will I be lost?

http://www.cmstheme.net/themes/wordpress/745/sideways?preview=1

Thanks a milllion in advance,

Josh

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+2 more
duotive says

Hello. CMSTHEMES as far as i know is a Themeforest reseller. And for that question you should probably ask the author of that particular theme. There are a lot of authors here with diffrent kinds of work.

3220 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

Hello. CMSTHEMES as far as i know is a Themeforest reseller.

I think there just an affiliate, but anyways http://themeforest.net/item/sideways-portfolio-website-wordpress-theme/151953

3429 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • United States
+5 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

Welcome to ThemeForest!

First off, it’s “CMS” – Content Management System. WordPress is a CMS . :)

That site just links to ThemeForest (and other marketplaces) to earn affiliate commissions.

At ThemeForest, support is given by the authors, so it wouldn’t be quite the same as what you’re used to. The themes here are well documented, but as support is not required from authors (though almost all give it at a certain level) you should be fairly confident with your basic WordPress skills (or willing to learn).

Hope that helps – it’s a great theme!

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
tendershoot says

Welcome to ThemeForest!

First off, it’s “CMS” – Content Management System. WordPress is a CMS . :)

That site just links to ThemeForest (and other marketplaces) to earn affiliate commissions.

At ThemeForest, support is given by the authors, so it wouldn’t be quite the same as what you’re used to. The themes here are well documented, but as support is not required from authors (though almost all give it at a certain level) you should be fairly confident with your basic WordPress skills (or willing to learn).

Hope that helps – it’s a great theme!

Thank you so much for the reply. Do you have any idea how much of that site is built on Flash? I really have done much flash… don’t want to be out of my league, you know?

3429 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • United States
+5 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

I doubt there is any Flash – I don’t think I’ve ever seen any Flash in a WordPress theme here (apart from video content). It’s all jQuery :)

Generally you won’t need to modify much code in a WordPress theme unless you’re looking to highly customize the style. And if you wanted to do some customizations, you’d need to be comfortable with CSS and possibly some PHP .

If you want to use the default style provided by the theme, you wouldn’t need to worry about that stuff much though. Adding content to WordPress is easy and doesn’t require any coding ability.

by
by
by
by
by
by