1793 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Hello guys! I’m mostly focusing on niche themes which don’t require an advanced page builder, I got my hands on Aqua Page Builder and SiteOrigin which both look and work great.

I just got my hands on a very complex multipurpose theme that has multiple sections with different background image/color for each one. Neither Aqua or the SiteOrigin one don’t have this feature. I managed to hack a little bit the Aqua builder, but still didn’t get what I wanted.

I see this kind of multipurpose themes everyday on Envato, what do you guys use to do those layouts? Are you still using shortcodes? I am aware that there are authors that created their own builder, but the rest of them are using existing solutions.

Thanks a lot!

1359 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

Aqua Page Builder & Child Page Sectioning.

Allows for greater control over page sections, and you can tie background images etc. into the page settings.

Add a child page redirect option up to the parent that users can turn on/off depending on their preference and I’ve found it works really well for creating the functionality you mention. Also makes it really easy to specify full width, or boxed sections by using ‘Page Templates’ and using the _wp_page_template meta to find the page template being used, and in my mind, keeps the user closer to WordPress default functionality.

Oh, also allows the user to move by sections by simply using the ‘page order’ WordPress setting also :)

Tom

633 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
UBLThemes says

Hi FinalDestiny

We use Visual Composer, its easy to customise to your needs and the buyers love it.

Our latest theme Flati uses it and our buyers are always thanking us for the ease of use.

We have developed 6 themes with it now across my account and the 2 shared accounts.

Our latest theme we are working on now, infact has multiple section with parallax effects etc and it handles it easily.

You just need to get use to the api and its a dream to use.

For a small fee of $125 its a bargain.

The api is easy to follow so you can add a shortcode to it within seconds and make it visually good looking for the buyers to input which means a lot.

I have also used Aqua and Origin but the api is a little limited when getting into complex shortcode insertion etc.

Hope this helps :)

622 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
theAlThemist says

We are using Visual Composer for our partnership wordpress themes too. Great flexibility and as UBL said – buyers love it.

422 posts Keep Walking
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
UXbarn says

+1 for Visual Composer. :)

228 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Greece
+2 more
corethemes says

As a new Wordpress developer, I’d like some help as well. Trying out Visual Composer atm and it seems amazing, if I buy an extended license I can include it in my themes, right?

1793 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

As a new Wordpress developer, I’d like some help as well. Trying out Visual Composer atm and it seems amazing, if I buy an extended license I can include it in my themes, right?

Kind of, you’ll need to submit a form after you buy the extended license, to get written permission from the author :)

Thank you everyone for your answers! :)

152 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
partnuz says

APB is not longer maintained I suppose. From what I can tell it has some bugs in UI but it’s quite easy to adapt to one’s needs.

40 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Located in Europe
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ab-themes says

A new one is coming in a day or two, i think you’ll love it.. Stay tuned :)

93 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Europe
+3 more
aligatorstudio says

We contacted author of Aqua Page Builder (APB), Syamil, asking him if he was quitting the plugin, and he replied that he will continue with updates. Although, latest update was 6 months ago … APB is good (it’s free) it has it’s strengths and flaws (like anything), we are using it on couple of our themes. We extended it with some of our classes – so, it’s relatively easy to extend it. Haven’t tried Visual Composer, but I believe it’s superb – it’s very popular and well rated.

by
by
by
by
by
by