1143 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

Do you use a password manager or you save all your passwords on paper/directly in browser?
Since I had my computer hacked I learned to not save my passwords directly in browser, because it is not safe and now I save all my passwords in a traditional mode… on paper. :)

Now I’m thinking to register on LastPass. I find it interesting and I would like to see your oppinion about this service or anything else similar to this one.

475 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
FlatKing says

I use KeePass brilliant generator for massive passwords, keeps everything secure and allows you to organise really easily

1005 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

I use as Password Manager a small paper agenda which I’m taking with me everywhere I go.

171 posts
  • Located in Asia/Pacific Region
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
huykhong says

I use an algorithm that generate password for each site that only me know and I just have to remember that algorithm.

814 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

Brain.

5404 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Switched everything over to LastPass a couple years ago and I’ve been really happy with it.

60 posts
+3 more
DavidGuns says

2 years use roboform and happy with it.

3701 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

I’m using Stanford’s PWDHash. It’s a browser plugin that generates a new password for every site based on the combination of your master password and the website URL. This way, you’ll have unique (client-sided!) passwords without having to store a database anywhere.

You’re not storing your master password anywhere either – you can store the unique passwords in your browser’s password memory if you want to, and if one of these uniques leaks, your master password (and all other passwords) is still perfectly safe (assuming you choose a strong master password). You can just as easily use multiple master passwords if you want to, but then you’ll have to remember them ;)

There is one downside, namely that you’ll have to have access to the browser plugin to generate these unique passwords. However, you can also use the Javascript form on their website for this, or one of the smartphone apps out there that implements the same hash function. :)

EDIT: I only now realised you’re not assuming your own computer is safe.. In that case, PWDHash is quite difficult to use. But I guess when your own computer gets infected on such a level that attackers can read your browser’s stored passwords, anything will have been keylogged..

1257 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

Proud user of LastPass for 10 months. Recommend!

77 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
ramzess5 says

best password manager is the brains :)

by
by
by
by