• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United States
JonBuice says

It is more about technique/listening environment/mixing than the plugins themselves. :)
+100 !
I agree, it’s much more complicated than ‘what plug-ins?’ If used wrongly, any plug-in can destroy your sound!

Remember, every plug-in you introduce adds a little bit of noise :) They don’t “improve” sound, they manipulate it.

212 posts Live Creative!
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
BrownHouseMedia says

I have to say the Waves SSL bundle was a game changer for me. The closest thing to a real console eq I have used to date. You can be more aggressive with this eq without the harshness that generally goes along with digital eqs.

169 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Neon_Music says

It is more about technique/listening environment/mixing than the plugins themselves. :)
+100 !
I agree, it’s much more complicated than ‘what plug-ins?’ If used wrongly, any plug-in can destroy your sound!
Remember, every plug-in you introduce adds a little bit of noise :) They don’t “improve” sound, they manipulate it.

+1)) well said ;)

607 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Basspartout says

For me IK Multimedia T-RackS works as a huge timesaver in the mastering process. Most of the time a quick tweak of one of the presets gives a track a nice warmth, precence and loudness. To achieve a significantly better result, I would need to invest muuuch earlier in the signal chain than any plugin(s), which means better microphones and preamps for starters.
And of course every plugin “manipulates” the sound, that’s what they are made for. If it improves it or makes it worse only depends on the ears of the one controlling it.

by
by
by
by
by
by