258 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+5 more
der says

I’ve used Maya for a long time and then migrated to Blender, I’m quite happy with it!. Now with the 2.5 version coming in, I think I’ll get my 3D skills out of the closet to make some money :P. I can’t wait to see what Envato does to the 3D World :D

317 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
kramz says

Maya and Cinema 4D :)

443 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
vibes35 says

I use 3D Studio Max, Cinema, Maya…..

hey.. one suggestion i hope is followed on the site is that the 3D models are built to scale and adherence is given to that.

Many other sites sell models that are out of whack and require serious scaling to fit within a project. It not only throws throws of lighting and causes a headache that way…. but also is either super size or micro model :0

Anyway… this is going to be alot of fun…

50 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
SpaceCrusher says

It definitely depends what your ultimate goal is in learning 3D. I can’t speak for everything, but here in Los Angeles, Cinema 4D seems to be a big tool for motion graphics because it’s fast, easy to use, and gets nice results. Also, I see Maya used a lot, and occasionally 3DS Max. Maya seems to be big for VFX type stuff, and the game designers I know learn on 3DS Max mostly. There are tons of exceptions to these obviously, but that’s what I would recommend based on what field you’re interested in. The main thing is that if you learn 3D in one program you can cross over to others (with significant effort) because the principles are the same throughout.

3085 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Raincutter says

looking at most of the opinions here, I may well go with 3DS max and cinema 4d. Though I’ve never tried cinema 4d out. So I’d defiinitely advise 3DS Max. Maya is indeed one of the best option (or just the best) but as Arik said, EXPENSIVE ! Indeed!

67 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
wildpeaks says

3dsmax is expensive too, even if it’s my favorite.

If you’re starting with 3D, you don’t need a program like that anyway, you’d I’d suggest Blender instead, that way you can learn on your free time without a big investment.

245 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
enhancedmedia says

Having tried out all of the biggest ones mentioned, i would say as a newbie Cinema4d is definitely the best. It allows you to create actually very complex models through a well thought out GUI that works well for a beginner.

I would say once you have gotten to grips with the basics of 3d modelling, the fundamentals are transferable across all the programs so it is definitely worth trying out a couple of the other programs too.

Personally I use Cinema4D, 3DS Max and Zbrush. I hope to contribute loads of things to 3docean :D

Best of luck with your venture in to the world of 3d :)

505 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+4 more
CraigSnedeker says
I’ve used Maya for a long time and then migrated to Blender, I’m quite happy with it!. Now with the 2.5 version coming in, I think I’ll get my 3D skills out of the closet to make some money :P. I can’t wait to see what Envato does to the 3D World :D

OMG BLENDER 2 .5 LOOKS SICK !!!

The interface is like SOOOO darn awesome looking and slick!!!

16 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
amiridon says

I’m surprised I haven’t seen it up yet but I’m using SOFTIMAGE

by
by
by
by