64 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
designmonstr says

So really what makes you decide to spend your hard earned money to buy a theme. What are the most important features that you look in a theme before you click the purchase button.

Thanks everyone in advance for your response ;)

318 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
familychoice says

For me – apart from the obvious – attractive design, well coded, flexible, and a few nice extra features such as sliders and page builders…it’s how often the author updates their theme and how good their support is.

I’ve just had to remind one author that they haven’t updated their theme that we purchased to use the latest versions of bundled plug-ins (they’re 14 versions behind) – it’s months out of date yet they’re happily releases new themes and leaving their old ones to die.

Occasional buyers on Themeforest will be enticed by a pretty layout and masses of features but savvy regular purchasers – the one’s authors should be targeting – will be checking out the authors support and update history.

Despite having bookmarked this particular authors new themes for future purchases, I’ve now removed them due to the bad support they’ve demonstrated for the older theme I’ve already purchased.

64 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
designmonstr says

For me – apart from the obvious – attractive design, well coded, flexible, and a few nice extra features such as sliders and page builders…it’s how often the author updates their theme and how good their support is.

I’ve just had to remind one author that they haven’t updated their theme that we purchased to use the latest versions of bundled plug-ins (they’re 14 versions behind) – it’s months out of date yet they’re happily releases new themes and leaving their old ones to die.

Occasional buyers on Themeforest will be enticed by a pretty layout and masses of features but savvy regular purchasers – the one’s authors should be targeting – will be checking out the authors support and update history.

Despite having bookmarked this particular authors new themes for future purchases, I’ve now removed them due to the bad support they’ve demonstrated for the older theme I’ve already purchased.

Awesome response! Thanks

by
by
by
by
by
by