5951 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I also have a huuuuge fear of dogs, not sure why but they make me very nervous when they come near me. I also have a really bad fear of presentations/public speaking and generally failure in life/pursuing my career. What a happy thread :| haha

Those fears will vanish in time SoundFix. Everyone has a some temporary time period to get caught by fear about life / career. In fact those are concrete form of just confusions. Not even the fear of facing danger.

After some experiences, definitely there is a zone of comfort just through realizations and real experiences. Atleast this is what I felt at certain age when I realized the past fears were unnecessary and those were not even imposed by external circumstances but my own assumptions (about career and such things). This happens to almost everyone! Matter of time. :)

5342 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

Saw one of these outside my door this year:

It’s a gila monster and it scared the crap out of me :D

69 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+1 more
AlphaPixels says

Item rejection :P

310 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Novak5 says

I hope I will not become paranoid, reading all of this … :) Well, many people say that we need to face your fears, and that’s the way to overcome them. But I don’t think that works in all cases; for example, what, you are gonna stand in front of hungry lion and say ’’Hello Kitty’’? :) But on something it works. I was afraid of loneliness, ‘cause my whole childhood was like that (I have sick sister and was about her). And when I went to army, was alone in the forest, unknown fields, dark, that was changed for a bit. After that I got married, got kids, and that fear has disappeared.

But when you mentioned electricity, my father and I was building something in our backyard, and I was turning on a cement mortar, electricity start to shake me and my muscles began convulsed and I started to yell ’’WoooOOO’’ :D And then my father kicked me with shovel in chests to that set me apart from the wires… :) Now I noticed that I shake every time when I turn power on something… BRRRRRRR… :)

I also see, that none of you fears of dark or/and death, and I am glad, ‘cause fear of them is just a fear of unknown, nothing else… ;)

2124 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

While we’re at snakes (and lions)... I’d like to encounter them… Because I still want to record the sounds they make! :D

3697 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

Fear itself, of course ;)

138 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
x4er0 says
What scares you?
:D
SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
357 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
SnoopyIndustries says

I hope I will not become paranoid, reading all of this … :) Well, many people say that we need to face your fears, and that’s the way to overcome them. But I don’t think that works in all cases; for example, what, you are gonna stand in front of hungry lion and say ’’Hello Kitty’’? :) But on something it works. I was afraid of loneliness, ‘cause my whole childhood was like that (I have sick sister and was about her). And when I went to army, was alone in the forest, unknown fields, dark, that was changed for a bit. After that I got married, got kids, and that fear has disappeared.

But when you mentioned electricity, my father and I was building something in our backyard, and I was turning on a cement mortar, electricity start to shake me and my muscles began convulsed and I started to yell ’’WoooOOO’’ :D And then my father kicked me with shovel in chests to that set me apart from the wires… :) Now I noticed that I shake every time when I turn power on something… BRRRRRRR… :)

I also see, that none of you fears of dark or/and death, and I am glad, ‘cause fear of them is just a fear of unknown, nothing else… ;)

Why face your fear if you’re afraid of it? :D hahaha.

Anyway….bugs…not afraid, but just creeped out!

365 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
musicguy says

...Taxes!

188 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Serbia
SwanSong says

I am afraid of looking in holes in the ceiling or floor and also to go over small bridge beneath which water howls… But greatest one is of losing or happen something to my kids or husband…

by
by
by
by
by
by