1039 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
Pixelworkshop says

One more thing : the ability to mark separately each comment read from our dashboard would be great !

I was also wondering what happens to a file which has no sales for a very long time (i.e. 6 or 12 months), is it disabled at some point ?

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

I think the auto approved updates would really come in handy ASAP .

Maybe any author with over 1,000 or 1,500 sales has access to it. It would really help with small bug fixes and patches.

348 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+6 more
StockDesignMan says
54 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Slovenia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
psvent says

Hi!

I am thinking of developing my first plugin for Wordpress, and in the process, I am reviewing existing plugins, and most off all, client reviews/comments, to see where there are potential problems for client dissatisfaction.

As I am an developer not a designer of course it makes sense for me to develop just plugins not themes. But I can see a problem with this, because some clients expect that a plugin will plugin into their existing WP with a custom theme (by chance even a hacked theme or something) and that it will all work on the fly, which of course can not be the case.

I think it’s natural to expect that some modifications are required, so that a plugin integrates with a theme, isn’t it?

This is what I suggest:

• plugins should be developed against the default templates for a particular CMS and clients should be made aware of this
  • if a plugin should require a custom theme (custom post type pages, taxonomies pages, ..) and extended default theme can be included with the plugin, so a client has an idea what they have to change with their themes

Anyways, I saw some comments where clients paid 35$ for an real estate plugin, and because it didn’t integrate with their existing theme, they gave negative and probably harmful reviews to the developer, and I think that is not fair, considering hom much a custom developed theme and real estate managing plugin would cost from a good agency.

Lukasz_Czerwinski
Lukasz_Czerwinski Recent Posts Threads Started
63 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Lukasz_Czerwinski says

Hi Jeffrey

I’m going on holiday tomorrow. Probably I will be back August 15. I thought it would be nice if it were an icon informing the about the current status of user on CodeCanyon.

Cheers, Lukasz

Lukasz_Czerwinski
Lukasz_Czerwinski Recent Posts Threads Started
63 posts
+3 more
Lukasz_Czerwinski says

Hi Jeffrey

I’m going on holiday tomorrow. Probably I will be back August 15. I thought it would be nice if it were an icon informing the about the current status of user on CodeCanyon.

Cheers, Lukasz

240 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+2 more
phpdude says

I may have just had an awesome idea:

What if on an item page, it show the average time to respond to a comment. So for one item it could be:

Average response time for this item is 5 hours and 12 minutes

And then on the authors profile page it will have their total average response time.

I would think users may be more inclined to buy a particular item if they knew that the response time was small, just in case they needed help.

2529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

True – but I’m not sure all the authors would want to have that info advertised to buyers. :)

332 posts No! It's not a 5 minute job!
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+14 more
WebFactory says
JeffreyWay said
True – but I’m not sure all the authors would want to have that info advertised to buyers. :)

In my book that means their support is slow/nonexistent. I’m definitely for this feature!

117 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
Maxdp says
WebFactory said
JeffreyWay said
In my book that means their support is slow/nonexistent. I’m definitely for this feature!

its a good feature, but what if a comment is not a question and does not require a comment?

This will affect your respond time.

Other than that, it would help buyers know how fast they will probably get support via the author’s item comments.

by
by
by
by
by
by