63 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
IWDstudios says

I have seen many posts on themeforest from authors saying that as time goes by we all should be careful on what we charge because we are making the services to cheap. So lets say that someone comes here, buys a theme and wants you to install wordpress, customize the theme just a bit and maybe add some content.

What is a good price? What would be to cheap? I was thinking an automatic $200.00 to install wordpress, upload the theme and get it working. What do you guys charge?

thevisualscience
thevisualscience Recent Posts Threads Started
22 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+1 more
thevisualscience says

Damn, $200 just for that? Are we talking just installing Wordpress and uploading the theme? Or additional coding etc.? If there is no coding I would $200 is high!

298 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
campuscodi says

As an author you are not required to do anything else if you provide proper docs. If TF admins approve the theme they recognize the theme is customizable and has the proper docs.

If you want to build a big client base, than apply your usual hourly rate and provide your great services. Your hourly rate and work should never leave you unsatisfied. Apply the rate that you want.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
sophie33 says

In my opinion , this will not costly…

ISA Allowance

1870 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

For instance few days back I’ve installed the demo content from my live preview to one of the buyers and I charged 20 bucks. But it took me 10mins tops so…

213 posts We're here to serve
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
isoarts says

The most Authors charging around 60$ per Hour. I would stick with this. Just calculate your time that you needed for you work, thats it.

20 Bucks for 10 Min!? 120$ the Hour!? Shame on you Dude! :D

Just Kidding! ;-)

1870 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Yeah but you have to understand there were another efforts like mailing with the client, paypal fees. So the $20 seams fair to me. Plus I dont usually do custom work for my themes unless I really like the project or the client. But I usually charge $50-80 per hour for “big” custom works on my themes.

213 posts We're here to serve
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
isoarts says
Yeah but you have to understand there were another efforts like mailing with the client, paypal fees.

I absolutely agree, this are things that must be considered or you just self-exploit your self. This could destroy the market here. Not every one have big sales, many people depending on freelance work from this place. But I think the most people here are considering all this when there calculate his price.

by
by
by
by
by
by