23 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
Coffeecream says

Hi guys,

Few weeks ago I got one star from a buyer who could not install HTML theme as WORDPRESS. He could give me as well one star because this theme is not a camel! When I asked Envato to remove it because it’s obviously wrong, they told me “Sorry, we can not do this because he didn’t break any rule”.

Other 1 star I’ve got to other theme was with comment “All the styles are inline in HTML”, which is total lie! This theme would be rejected straight away if it would be true.

I can not comment it anywhere, I can not contact the buyer and the rating comments are not public, so other buyers can’t see why he gave me 1 star. Because of one genius the sale is going down. So when Envato is going to start protecting the authors? We have absolutely no chance to defend ourselves.

I’d like to suggest few things:
  1. Make rating comments public
  2. Let authors to reply rating comments
  3. Change T&S to stop writing lies
262 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
themeflame says

You just let it be.

Nothing you can do and nothing you will ever be able to do.

489 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
rayoflightt says

You can ask other buyers to rate theme 5 stars.

23 posts
+3 more
Coffeecream says

You can ask other buyers to rate theme 5 stars.

If you have 2 ratings – 1 star and 5 stars, so (1+5)/2=3. It’s not gonna be full 5 stars theme anymore. Even with more 5 stars rating it still will be 4 point something rating, not 5. So if something will sort themes by rating, my theme will be somewhere down, maybe on the second page if I’m lucky. And what if there will be another brilliant buyer? Every star counts and clients opinion is very important for me.

I remember another situation, I got 1 or maybe 2 stars because I didn’t reply on the support question in 1 day… and it was CHRISTMAS!!! I was with my family and didn’t even thought to open my computer.

291 posts
  • Located in Europe
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
mariokulas says

I’m too short active here as an author to demand any “justice” based on the rating system, but reading comments from advanced users it’s clear as day that rating system here is make no sense and needs some improvment.

If I may be honest, to me is really stupid that you can get one star rating because just someone have a bad day or something, and you can’t even defend yourself – I mean, this is like expecting lotery bingo then and not real professional review from the customers that you get. I’m totaly with Coffeecream because soon or later I or some other user will encounter with the same problem..

461 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+4 more
VectorMedia says

Unfortunately you can’t do anything about it. Although if a client gives you a unfair 1 star rating you could let other clients know about that 1 star and why it was given, so they are aware that it’s not your fault. Just an idea…

abhimanyusharma003
abhimanyusharma003 Recent Posts Threads Started
655 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+1 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

I remember another situation, I got 1 or maybe 2 stars because I didn’t reply on the support question in 1 day… and it was CHRISTMAS!!! I was with my family and didn’t even thought to open my computer.

Same with me, but it was sunday

23 posts
+3 more
Coffeecream says

Unfortunately you can’t do anything about it. Although if a client gives you a unfair 1 star rating you could let other clients know about that 1 star and why it was given, so they think it’s your fault. Just an idea…

I’d love to do that, but the only way is to put it in the item description, but it look a bit unprofessional for me. That’s why I think rating comments should be public, like on Amazon for example.

291 posts
  • Located in Europe
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
mariokulas says

Again I agree with Coffeecream; the comments from the ratings should be public and rating system on Amazon is really great example.

2 posts
  • Located in United States
BrainPress says

I think you should be able to dispute a review for at least wrongful use or mispurchase. If someone buys a Magento theme, uses it for WordPress and ranks he theme bad, then its pretty obvious it shouldn’t play against the author. There should be a public reason given for why a rank was given.

That’s my opinion anyway. Good luck.

by
by
by
by
by
by