35 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in United States
Pandora_Black says

Can someone give me some insight on a few recommendations?

I am upgrading from Joomla 25 to Joomla 3.1 and I noticed that almost half my add-ons are still written in 2.5.

Is there any other “point system for J3.1” that does what “alpha User points” does in commercial or NON commercial?

Is there an award system that I can upgrade to that allows me to award my users with Icon medals. I am currently using “Awards Factory” commercial or Non commercial?

And lastly is there anything out there besides K2? I seem to not be able to find any solution for their white background (unless I edit the K2.css) and make it dark. If I am running a dark styled theme everything is dark except for K2 and I really do not care to use K2.

Will Easy blog solve my K2 issues or in place of K2? I use K2 for blogs and I know Easy blog comes with other templates.

Any help on these 3 would be much appreciated.

Joomgirl

1703 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

I am upgrading from Joomla 25 to Joomla 3.1 and I noticed that almost half my add-ons are still written in 2.5.
The only major changes were jQuery and Bootstrap, all HTML structure reworked to match the new requirements.

Is there any other “point system for J3.1” that does what “alpha User points” does in commercial or NON commercial?
You should ask some extensions developers and not template developers here. You can also ask in the CodeCanyon forums.

Is there an award system that I can upgrade to that allows me to award my users with Icon medals. I am currently using “Awards Factory” commercial or Non commercial?
Same as the above.

And lastly is there anything out there besides K2? I seem to not be able to find any solution for their white background (unless I edit the K2.css) and make it dark. If I am running a dark styled theme everything is dark except for K2 and I really do not care to use K2.
With Joomla 3, you don’t need K2 anymore, it has all the things you need, except K2 can play videos and galleries itself, Joomla core content could require some plugins for those purposes.

Will Easy blog solve my K2 issues or in place of K2? I use K2 for blogs and I know Easy blog comes with other templates.
Just do Joomla content and you are alright. Why you think other extensions are better? When these extensions have issues, when Joomla core extensions ALWAYS work, you will remember my words here.

Good day.

by
by
by
by
by
by