38 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Kenya
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
sidneyvan94 says

hi everyone im a new author here in code canyon and theme forest could you help me?

972 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

Hi sidneyvan94,

This is a hard question to answer, first you need a good idea, this could be something unique or if you see something on CodeCanyon or ThemeForest that you can make better with unique/more features.

If I was you I would take a look around see if theres anything you can add to the marketplace thats not hear already.

38 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Kenya
sidneyvan94 says

well if it was you what would you do?

1363 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says

“If I was you…” I think he answered your question.

My suggestion: think of something that you can write that would make your life on the internet easier. What can you use that would save you time everyday? What would help you get more organized? If you write something that solves a problem for you, you’ll have more motivation and insight on how to code it. All of my items are things that I wrote to help me with certain tasks. Good luck.

5075 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Australia says

My advice: If you have no imagination or grasp, then perhaps don’t become an author.

You must have self motivation and be brimming with ideas and be able to back it up with solid skills. The marketplaces are fiercely competitive and some very very talented authors.

1192 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
Pricop says

It depends. You can either come up with some unique idea, or come up with something better, with more features than what is currently available. Personally, I’m always asking my self if I would use what I am about to publish, if it doesn’t meet my own requirements then I won’t even bother to post it.

4021 posts Community Team
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Envato Staff
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Australia
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+4 more
Dzinc Staff says

This thread is now in › Item Discussion

226 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
Endat says

Anything listed here http://codecanyon.net/category/list – but to be approved, it must pass through quality control.. if the product isn’t considered good enough, staff will tell you how to improve it.

Sometimes it takes a while to feel the waters and see what people are interested in.. Something I’ve noticed is that people seem to be crazy over this WordPress thing.. useless to me, but people collect plugins for some strange reason. Convenience I guess..

You must have self motivation and be brimming with ideas and be able to back it up with solid skills. The marketplaces are fiercely competitive and some very very talented authors.
This is true.. it takes dedication and targeted development as well as thinking outside the box. Reaching the limits of your programming skillset and coming up with something truly unique (or easy and clever). Without such ambition, people often end up with sub-par products.. or ripping off another author and being shamed :P

Short story, it’s not as easy as some people make it look.

smoothwave_themes
smoothwave_themes Recent Posts
Threads Started
41 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
smoothwave_themes says

My tactic is to start simple and basic. As you start developing, new ideas will begin to flow on your creations direction. I have projects on the go which seem to never-end as I keep thinking of new features along the way.

Perhaps you could create yourself a nice new theme framework which “shows of your personality”. Then use this as the base of your themes.

by
by
by
by
by
by