2529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

There have been multiple requests for new additions to the Envato Marketplace API . This will be a place to collate them, at which point I’ll review each comment with the site manager team during our next call.

So, step up to the pedestal! What sort of updates do you want to see?

137 posts Ahoy, me Hearties!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
ChrisMooney says

The ability to pull the description from items? I know this has been requested, but it should be mentioned as it’s sorely needed.

Thanks

360 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
Philo01 Envato team says

Ability to make changes with the API . It would be great for example if we can use the API to reply / post comments. This way we can integrate it into our applications.

701 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
chrismccoy says

list items you have bought of all time

the amount spent, deposited all time are others.

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Japh Envato team says

The ability to specify sub-categories, in addition to the current top-level categories, would be great.

i.e. for the search set, being able to specify a sub-type

1876 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Ability to login to a our own dedicated support forums with an Envato login and verify purchases on the fly. Something along the lines of “logging in with” Twitter, Google etc accounts to other sites.

I understand this will be a (resource, money, put anything here) loss for Envato, not even a b/e since it won’t make any money, but it will make many other people very happy so it might be a win in the end. At least the happiness of your partners and customers is important in the long run. This could seal the Envato ecosystem very nicely.

Bigger authors with lots of support requests need proper forums (done by them) with fast and easy access. Current comments are not enough and the upcoming forums will not be enough as well no matter how hard you will try.

I already sent an email to you Jeff and Mark about this a few months ago so you can search for it as there may be more thoughts.

@authors: Please put +1 on this if you would like to see this as well so Envato can better understand if this is a priority.

Cheers! :)

2035 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+9 more
revaxarts says
freshface said
Ability to login to a our own dedicated support forums with an Envato login and verify purchases on the fly. Something along the lines of “logging in with” Twitter, Google etc accounts to other sites.

I understand this will be a (resource, money, put anything here) loss for Envato, not even a b/e since it won’t make any money, but it will make many other people very happy so it might be a win in the end. At least the happiness of your partners and customers is important in the long run. This could seal the Envato ecosystem very nicely.

Bigger authors with lots of support requests need proper forums (done by them) with fast and easy access. Current comments are not enough and the upcoming forums will not be enough as well no matter how hard you will try.

I already sent an email to you Jeff and Mark about this a few months ago so you can search for it as there may be more thoughts.

@authors: Please put +1 on this if you would like to see this as well so Envato can better understand if this is a priority.

+1

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

This might just be me being lazy but the ability to directly call an author’s volume of sales amount.

Also, +1 to Freshface’s request.

4335 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Reaper-Media says

Access to full forum information (threads, posts etc) and a way to see a list of recent POSTS (note not threads) for a particular forum, (eg. off topic, all marketplaces etc…, maybe by providing the forum id) so it can be a lot easier to follow the posts on the forum, especially useful for moderators!!! What would top it off would be the ability to post comments on the forum via the API .

Relating to the comment above, being able to post comments on one’s own items would be a very good API feature, as for example, an author could reply to a support comment on his/her iphone app.

I’m sure I’ll think of something else soon, I’m often using the API .

freshface said

+1 I think this is a very good idea! A secure login api to give apps/site access to purchased file information (using a list of author api keys to check only for specific author’s files). This would be very handy indeed. This would be particularly useful for a project i’m currently developing! ;)

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Japh Envato team says
freshface said

Perhaps some sort of OAuth implementation in concert with the API would be a good solution here?

by
by
by
by
by
by