924 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
joiaco says

My father was volunteer pilot for Flying Doctor and I sometimes went on trips with him. My most memorable adventure was flying above a herd of elephants. Also a hot air balloon trip at dawn over a game reserve. Africa is all about adventure.

143 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+3 more
vanRijswijk says

@lifer-I’ve never been hiking in Barca, but it is a beautiful area.

Barcelona is a beautiful city, if you ever have the opportunity to go you definitely have to go. Not only the Tibidabo is nice but what about the “La Sagrada Família”. I can wright you a book about Barcelona but wont do that here :D

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Carmen says

@joiaco – that sounds like a scene from a movie, how incredible. Do you still live in Africa?

@DizCow – I’ve been to Barcelona once before and it is an incredible city. My favourite place in Spain was Granada though, the Alhambra is hard to beat. :)

76 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
RedAudioUK says

Although I’ve not been to many different counties, I’ve probably seen more of the world than most while falling from a great height out of airplanes held together by duck tape. :)

3732 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

I’m not very adventurous, but I had a great trip to Scandinavia when I was 20. I went to metal festivals in Sweden and Finland, and saw most of my favourite bands for the first time. The festival in Finland was in the middle of nowhere in a forest beside a lake, I had to hitch-hike to get there. It was fantastic, really great friendly people, and I discovered Finnish bands I still love today. (I later tried to learn Finnish, but damn it’s hard.) Good times.

I guess my other adventure was going to Germany to work at a games company. I didn’t speak German or know anyone. The guy who helped me find my feet when I started at the company was Envato’s own Matthias Andre! It’s a small world. Also loved Germany because I got into their very strong medieval music scene there. Music is the main way I relate to the world. :D Visited some quite beautiful old towns, oh and made it down to the Swiss Alps as well. Stayed at Lauterbruennen, the view out the window of the house was Europe’s highest waterfall!

3723 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Moderator says

Yo Carmen! Mail me some of the good stuff ;)

there’s only one coffee shop here in Chiang Mai Thailand that sells Guatemalan coffee beans!

those beans are sweet!

My trip is still mission-in-progress but definitely a great adventure so far!

504 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Bosnia and Herzegovina
+3 more
Lifer says

@lifer-I’ve never been hiking in Barca, but it is a beautiful area.

Barcelona is a beautiful city, if you ever have the opportunity to go you definitely have to go. Not only the Tibidabo is nice but what about the “La Sagrada Família”. I can wright you a book about Barcelona but wont do that here :D

: P

I never visited Barcelona, that was just a quote from the TV show “FRIENDS”...It was a line that Joey used to use to pick up girls, so I gave it a shot! XD

*Facepalm…

1313 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+4 more
UJ-pro says

I played keyboards in a Latin-Band called “Caricia”. All guys lived in Hamburg.

We played together 2x on the AIDA in the Caribbean. 8 weeks over Millenium and another 6 weeks in 2003. That was a great time and adventure I’ll never forget. :-)

\\

Can you see me? lol (Our band is in the left corner)

\\

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

My Dad went to Guatemala on some kind of photography work thing. Some cool photos from his trip.

My adventure: When I was about 16-17, I did this. The boat in the picture is a good representation of what I lived on for 3 weeks. At night, we’d lay the oars across the benches to create a surface that would support us. So our beds were essentially 6 wooden sticks.

One day we sailed to some distant island because it was supposed to inhabit some interesting bird species. After a few hours of sunny weather, a storm hit and we turned around quickly. The wind was so cold we took turns getting shelter underneath a plastic tarp. One girl turned purple so myself and a couple other boys smothered her to keep her warm. wind. It was the the first (and only) time in my life I thought I was going to die, but thankfully a few brave souls sailed us back to safety tacking back and forth against the wind for about 7-8 hours.

69 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
jesshooper says

That sounds great, CodingJack! I mean, completely terrifying, but awesome.

I spent a lot of time travelling and camping with my parents when I was a child/teenager, all around Australia. It’s a little bit like cheating since I didn’t have to do any of the planning or driving, but I have lots of amazing memories of climbing around cliffs and canyons, wandering through the desert in central Australia, sailing round the Whitsunday Islands and stuff like that. So far most of my adult adventures have been far more mundane.

by
by
by
by
by
by