3749 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

Many things again discussed here. Will be nice to see some important changes done, not only a couple of minor issues solved. So let’s see how they affect the sales. I would like to share really surprising as2-as3 stats i have research, but well, don’t know, i’m feeling even tired myself about this. Let’s back to work.

Enjoy the trip Lance. I was backpacking in Vietnam (south) & Cambodia 5 years ago, one month and a half. Let me know if i can help you or give any kind of info. Such a wonderful places, mostly Cambodia, where tourist fever has not done any big damages yet.

4247 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Nature in its original state is appreciated ^ Nice to witness such expressiveness. Its hard to come by without getting out myself. I suppose I’ve been stuck in an environment that has such qualities lacking in its design.

3749 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

^I’m lost in translation. Really. :(

810 posts We're a nice team!
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
ThemeFocus says

How long time about found the question?

4247 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

I was simply saying that it is not often that you hear someone talk about nature in such appreciative ways. That’s all. I can relate… in some ways.

22 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
ethanfink says

What if you combated some of the Steve Jobs insults by opening up a code source deposit of iPhone Objective-C code samples .

I would sure love to have some code to develop my own apps…

567 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
radykal says

Ok guys…after publishing my new template here, I have to say something. Here my thoughts about activeden.

I got very nice comments for my new template from other authors. They posted comments like: “Yeah this will be a top seller”, “Awesome, it will sell like hell” etc…..

And guys do you know what?! It was purchased only one time. You will see 4 purchases, but three of them are from a client, who wanted to pay me for a little job, but I told him to purchase my template 3 times…..Ok doesnt matter.

I really tried to be unique and to use APIs and LIBs that are rarly or never used in other templates. I put vimeo support, particles bla bla bla blaaaaaaaa!!! I also tried a different layout, than the most templates are using. I would say 70% of the templates of the last monts are technically the same. Same layout, same features etc. – You know what I mean. And most of the same are selling well and you know why: Sexy Bit*. This is all about….clients purchase templates because they see good looking people and cool photography.

Fact one: Use sexy girls and your product will sell well. I will not because users should buy my products because of the qualitity.

Fact Two:Dont be unique. Somebody wrote in this thread, that websites like you see on FWA will not sell well. YES , he is right. Mainstream is what the users want.

Because of these facts I will not upload new files to activeden for a long time. I will only support my current portfolio. Sorry to say that…...but this is very disapointing when putting weeks of work in a product for NOTHING !!!!!!

129 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
AeonDesign says

Ok guys…after publishing my new template here, I have to say something. Here my thoughts about activeden.

I got very nice comments for my new template from other authors. They posted comments like: “Yeah this will be a top seller”, “Awesome, it will sell like hell” etc…..

And guys do you know what?! It was purchased only one time. You will see 4 purchases, but three of them are from a client, who wanted to pay me for a little job, but I told him to purchase my template 3 times…..Ok doesnt matter.

I really tried to be unique and to use APIs and LIBs that are rarly or never used in other templates. I put vimeo support, particles bla bla bla blaaaaaaaa!!! I also tried a different layout, than the most templates are using. I would say 70% of the templates of the last monts are technically the same. Same layout, same features etc. – You know what I mean. And most of the same are selling well and you know why: Sexy Bit*. This is all about….clients purchase templates because they see good looking people and cool photography.

Fact one: Use sexy girls and your product will sell well. I will not because users should buy my products because of the qualitity.

Fact Two:Dont be unique. Somebody wrote in this thread, that websites like you see on FWA will not sell well. YES , he is right. Mainstream is what the users want.

Because of these facts I will not upload new files to activeden for a long time. I will only support my current portfolio. Sorry to say that…...but this is very disapointing when putting weeks of work in a product for NOTHING !!!!!!
Radykal, you shouldn’t be disheartened by the fact that your file hasn’t sold much so far. One can’t expect to be an instant top seller – no matter how high the quality of the file is. Sales depend on a range of other factors too, such as advertising / publicity. Your file is a very good new template, and it is clear that you’ve put in a lot of effort. My sentiments: such quality and hard work will not go unnoticed for a long period of time. Give it a chance, and keep uploading. :)
592 posts Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+4 more
plusquare says

I’ll be honest with you, so don’t get mad with me. I don’t think your template is that good only because you included youtube vimeo and particle effects. Yes, it seems well put together. But it’s missing some X factors, such as user experience, smooth transitions, embbeded font in some places i think, design coerency. In the overall design lacks something including solidity.

This is just my opinion, but it’s my honest opinion don’t get mad, you did a good work but the template seems unfinished, you should also think in changing the logo, doesn’t go well with the site.

I know I’m not the best author to say this, but in your place I wouldn’t expect much of that work mostly because of some relative recent top top quality files.

I know it’s frustrating and so on but life continues and this isn’t a conspiracy agains your file, you have to think what buyers want and expect to see in a file and also in a preview, use this to learn to future projects and grow.

A lot of people are using Damojo as comparisson this days, so I’m doing the same, I’m sure he begin somewhere, don’t think that behind his awesome files there isn’t a past where he wasn’t so good, that’s the nature of things, learning. He is now my role model of author here on AD surprassing many authors with a lot more sales than his, and it’s not by coincidence, it’s because each file of his has a style of his own, and awesome user experience, animations and flow.

Instead of blaming the system think what you did wrong and see your site from an outside prespective, sure your file has good comments, but that every file has, authors like the be nice with each other. You have some great files in your portfolio I think you’ll get past this and make some awesome work but you have to keep working and improve a lot ;)

7600 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

definitely, so why not placing some sexy girl in your items? :) No, I’m serious, let’s face it, using the same marketplace stock images as everyone else will not make you stand out of the crowd. Just place some unique, nice photo and you have a “unique” website.

Let’s take themeforest as an example. The design of the themes are pretty much the same stock (lol) like header, body, footer of 2 or 3 different colors, some jquery ecc. Sure there are some subtle differences, but those are hard to see at when browsing large amounts of themes, or even impossible to see if is on the code part. Now throw in some nice game promotional images, super top images or digital paintings that took more time to make than the theme itself, and you have something!

So why? My bet is that the buyer looks around inside the mass of themes and his eye is caught by this professional images. Then, the buyer check in more depth that theme, looks for the features, than btw you can find in mostly the other themes with the same price. So it will check some other themes (with less interesting images) but it will find that they have the same features. So what to buy? I think you already know the answer. Is not that the buyer is some dumb folk who like to buy pretty flowers, but when he needs to chose from two or more perfectly valid items, it will chose the best looking of them. I will do the same.

And, yes, we finally and synthetically have a “what looks best purchase”. And is one of the reasons why activeden templates do not sell that good when we compare with themeforest templates.

by
by
by
by
by
by