273 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
candeed says

There is actually nothing like ‘Vogue’ in a creative community such as Envato. Just simply do what you do best and above all, what you are confident in making and sure of sales.

—> Oh, thanks, got it.. :grin:

So basically it’s all back in confidently doing the best when creating products..

And then it doesn’t really matter which item that being featured on our profile..

Very interesting, Mr CharlesBrown..

Mostly I’m featuring new items, but when some holidays come and I have some themed file I’m featuring this one isntead of the new ones. For example christmas actions in christmas period or summer flyers on summer holidays and so on. Oh and I’m also using my avatar for showing my latest item or the upcomming one ;)

—> Okay.. So it should be ‘new item’ or ‘item related with specific season / holiday’.

So far we have no seasonal item related with specific holiday.. Gonna try it soon.. :grin:

And showing latest item in avatar is a great idea too..

Thanks, Survivor.

Perhaps the product that needs the most promotion in your portfolio is the newest, items with no sales are the hardest to sell as people don’t like to take the risk

—> At some point it’s like what Survivor said above..

So there are two factors, right?

It should be new item with high sale I guess?

:grin:

273 posts
  • Exclusive Author
candeed says

Try to calculate the value per click (preview) for each item. Example:

Item 1
Price: $40
Conversion (purchase) rate: 0,5%
Value per click = $40 * 0,005 = $0,2

Item 2
Price: $25
Conversion (purchase) rate: 1,2%
Value per click = $25 * 0,012 = $0,3

—> Like your answer!! It’s “mathematically interesting”.. :nerdy:

We’ve awared about this calculation before, but never thought that it could very useful like this..

Thank you, Graphic_Dev..

882 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • South Africa
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
joiaco says

My portfolio is so varied as i learn new things that i just choose my featured item randomly as, and when, i remember. There is no pattern in my sales at all, and just when i think one is forming, it goes off in a different direction. In the end it is the process of creating i love, and a fantastic bonus to have buyers of anything that i make.

273 posts
  • Exclusive Author
candeed says

My portfolio is so varied as i learn new things that i just choose my featured item randomly as, and when, i remember. There is no pattern in my sales at all, and just when i think one is forming, it goes off in a different direction. In the end it is the process of creating i love, and a fantastic bonus to have buyers of anything that i make.

—> I see you are doing what you really love, Joiaco… All your portfolio came from your heart.. and then high sales will come after it as a bonus..

It’s like what Mr Charles Brown said too.. Yes, that’s great and that’s abolutely right..

but what I’m curious more here is more about the business strategy aspects,,

We all are creative people.. We are a bunch of artists.. and I believe most of us don’t have marketing knowledge here (the non-design aspect)

Here I hope we can share some marketing / business stuff..

E.G. like what Graphic_Dev said about analytic.. Like what Banging Themes said bout featuring the latest work.. and also like Survivor said about featuring newest item and considering holiday in creating items..

By the way good to see you here, mate..

Many thanks, Joiaco..

by
by
by
by
by
by