• Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
UXbarn says

Hi guys,

Just wondering what’s your scope when people ask you how to do this and that like customizing the HTML and CSS for the areas or editing some PHP codes for specific functions for their WP sites?

I mean the scope as the theme author and when should be the job of the freelancer to customize things?

473 posts
  • Austria
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
iHelp says

Heya, that’s what I use in my various support jobs (once it’s approved by the author/devs):

SUPPORT TERMS & CONDITIONS : These forums are intended to provide assistance to buyers who experience issues, but please keep in mind that themes purchased from ThemeForest are provided “as-is” with no guarantee of support (as stated in ThemeForest terms & conditions: http://themeforest.net/help/getting_started). If we determine the issues are caused by user error or are the result of a plugin, we will ask that you retrace your edits or contact the developer of the plugin you’re using. Additionally, themes purchased through a bundle promotion on ThemeForest are not eligible for support or updates (as stated in the bundle item description). For customizations, unless it is something we know off the top of our head or is something we can quickly look up and research, we’ll have to ask that you hire somebody for the customization request. Thanks!

__ so basically, CSS stuff I can find out by using Chrome’s “Check element” or Firebug are fine. Quick stuff like finding translation strings or changing thumbnail sizes, basically one-line changes are also gladly answered. Stuff that goes beyond that, like enhancing or changing a feature of the theme, will be considered but most likely offered as paid customization.

Hope that helps!

405 posts Keep Walking
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
UXbarn says

Thanks for your advice! That really helps. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by