1550 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says

I know that there was a thread on this subject , but I can’t find it. I’m interested how authors on themeForest can use basically anything they want for the preview, but we can’t ?

1912 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
TPN Envato team says
1277 posts
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
rondog says
I’m interested how authors on themeForest can use basically anything they want for the preview, but we can’t ?

Ya know, I’ve always wondered that too…that linked helped

587 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+5 more
jayc says
I know that there was a thread on this subject , but I can’t find it. I’m interested how authors on themeForest can use basically anything they want for the preview, but we can’t ?

Well a solution would be to develop for TF ;)

3748 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
pezflash says

Hi. Nice this “come back to the oven”. After 52 post i finally left it behind without a proper answer. I know, Jeffrey from Themeforest gave us an answer, resumed that Envato must work on uniformity on rules on each marketplace. So, we’re supposely waiting for new rules. What i don’t know is if, while waiting, we can also use any kind of material, like TF does.

Af Jeffrey said in the begining of his post (second of page 4), this is bit of a tricky topic.

theflyingtinman: please, don’t get angry again with me! :P

1550 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says

thanks for the link , that’s the thread I was looking for , so it seems that there is no “right” answer for this….

4247 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Right now, I wish I had a picture of a donkey. I’d post it here and say, “I’m gonna use pictures of my ass”. But it doesn’t work since I don’t have a picture/s of a donkey/s. Boo.

2309 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+5 more
theflyingtinman says
.... What i don’t know is if, while waiting, we can also use any kind of material, like TF does. ... theflyingtinman: please, don’t get angry again with me! :P

I’m not angry .. In fact I’m more than happy to answer your question… yet again: No, Activeden reviewers have been given no instruction to relax the rules on use of copyrighted material while you wait for a proposed new consistent policy across the marketplaces. :)

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
LucidStudios says

well guys, those of you who have self learnt actionscripting and find it difficult to switch to other programming languages then you should be worried about your future because not only Steve is trying to kill flash (though no single company or person can kill flash but at the moment it is jQuery and WordPress which are killing flash) but also Collis (envato) is trying to kill activeden (I am guessing this from Collis’ tweets and some posts across different envato sites which only promote themeforest).

We can also host demos on our own websites and make our flash templates as beautiful as html templates but they want to kill flash so they wouldn’t allow us. This is one of the main reason that bobocel stopped uploading flash files here.

BTW : its all about business so I am switching to iPhone apps development very soon :)

8248 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says
This is one of the main reason that bobocel stopped uploading flash files here.

There is a much bigger reason than that…

BTW : its all about business so I am switching to iPhone apps development very soon :)

traitor! switch to android, not apple :)

by
by
by
by
by
by