894 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
infuse01 says

Nice reaction from you guys, and thanks for pointing out a thing or two. Yes, I imagined that my work isn’t really revolutionary, but I was expecting at least some tens of sales from two releases, in any case NOT 2 !

+1 Ruben

Best example why items usually gets rejected. Your item has made it through and your happy about it but confused why nobody buys it. Usually such a template would get rejected until it has a better level of quality – that sucks at the beginning but in the end you’ll see more sales.

People never know what they want :D

Good Luck anyway

1766 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

tens of sales after a couple of days? Unless your item will be a top-seller, that’s not going to happen. And as the users above pointed, there are quite some ‘issues’ with the template.

Complaining on the forums won’t get you any further. Work harder, build more quality items and stop worry-ing about sales everyday.

the filterable portfolio isn’t a server-side thing, the contact form should’ve been included, there are certain areas without proper spacing, colors and formatting, this should’ve been pointed in the review process, but you were unlucky maybe.

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
356 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
SnoopyIndustries says

@Ben and @Ruben, I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me what’s what. You’re right, I’m new and at the moment I don’t know squat. You probably saw that I meant tens of sales from both products (psd and html). I know that I’m not going to make millions on my first week here, but for a new guy, things are a bit downhearted and it’s easy to lose mojo in this conditions.

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

@ben

I’m not sure why you’re saying that it’s messy and thrown together, don’t forget, it’s an HTML template not a Wordpress one. It also has a PHP version which you can throw on your server and it will 100% certainly work. In HTML , you’re not allowed to actually do too much but server the “mock-up”.

And if you’re going to zoom in instead of resizing the browser, you’ll see that the fonts are extremely user friendly. No offense, but I would never “throw” something up there because I was expecting quite a few sales.

Anyway, thanks for the PSD thing, it completely slipped!
I didn’t zoom out I actually grabbed the window and resized it, hense “Actual image of resized browser”

It honestly looks rushed, the events section just looks like you’ve pushed elements in and hoped for the best

The blog section, the images look rushed the headers don’t seem to suit the posts. It doesn’t seem user friendly with scrolling down through two posts, clicking the second page and scrolling up to see the 3rd post.

<div class="testimonial_footer" /> has a different coloured background, the pricing table is the same

I am not trying to mock you. I am just pointing out the reasons it’s not selling as well as themes that have many more functions and capabilities.
SnoopyIndustries
356 posts
+2 more
SnoopyIndustries says

@Ben,

I know, and I’m just trying to learn. I really appreciate the advice you guys are giving me. To put this shortly, it’s not a problem about sales, it’s a problem about a few things I seem to have left out. I’ll have another look through the theme today and correct a few things you guys pointed out here. Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it!

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

@Ben and @Ruben, I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me what’s what. You’re right, I’m new and at the moment I don’t know squat. You probably saw that I meant tens of sales from both products (psd and html). I know that I’m not going to make millions on my first week here, but for a new guy, things are a bit downhearted and it’s easy to lose mojo in this conditions.

I understand completely, we have all been there don’t worry! If you look at my item 54 sales since 2nd August 2012.

I thought as soon as you got accepted that’d be it!
Since then I’ve been hired as a full time web developer and I’m learning more and more each day and haven’t really had time to do work for themeforest, so I spend most of my time on the forums helping people. It is hard at the start, and it’s hard with rejection, it’s even harder when it does get accepted and doesn’t sell.

Just use the spirit you have to go into your next template!

SnoopyIndustries
356 posts
+2 more
SnoopyIndustries says

The thing is that some kind of “warning”, or short user’s manual would be good for a beginner here on TF. The thing is that most imagine, as I am now, that once your theme is off the first page of the HTML /Wordpress category it’s been submitted to it’s probably out for good. I’m not sure how true it is looking at what you’ve just told me about 50 something sales in a few months. I think that for an HTML template 30-50 sales would probably cover the amount of work done, so that’s probably a good target to hit. I’m going to get to work on the template trying to fix a few of the issues you guys so kindly pointed out!

Thanks again, and hope to see things go upwards (even if they won’t do so at a fast pace)

SnoopyIndustries
356 posts
+2 more
SnoopyIndustries says

tens of sales after a couple of days? Unless your item will be a top-seller, that’s not going to happen. And as the users above pointed, there are quite some ‘issues’ with the template.

Complaining on the forums won’t get you any further. Work harder, build more quality items and stop worry-ing about sales everyday.

the filterable portfolio isn’t a server-side thing, the contact form should’ve been included, there are certain areas without proper spacing, colors and formatting, this should’ve been pointed in the review process, but you were unlucky maybe.

Good point FinalDestiny. I wasn’t trying to complain, but just figure things out. thanks a lot for your point of view

546 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
kriskorn says

Just to point out a thing also – the header background image isn’t very user friendly. It took me a while to load the page for the first time because of the 1MB image, which could be reduced A LOT . Bear in mind that most of the internet users close a web page if it doesn’t load quickly enough.

All the best, Kris

SnoopyIndustries
356 posts
+2 more
SnoopyIndustries says

Just to point out a thing also – the header background image isn’t very user friendly. It took me a while to load the page for the first time because of the 1MB image, which could be reduced A LOT . Bear in mind that most of the internet users close a web page if it doesn’t load quickly enough.

All the best, Kris

Fair point Kris, thanks for the advice.

Cheers

by
by
by
by
by
by