Have a look at: http://thewordpresstheme.com/free-theme/hype.xhtml
Clicking on “Download” will send you to http://themeforest.us/Hype-buy
If I understand things correctly this ist just some “affiliate” trying to make some money while redirecting you to themeforest.net through a frameset hiding a refferal id with rewriting the url
- Exclusive Author
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Referred between 200 and 499 users
There is nothing illegal in this. TF have many affiliate partners working the same way.
yes… you are correct… there’s about a gazillion sites like this out there doing the same thing…
It’s not my site or affiliate ID… but I’m sure the author would be OK with you buying it…
Yeah i know there are lots of publishers like ‘M Asif Rahman’ out there but i just wondered about the use of “themeforest” dot us domain. But there should be no problem as long envato has not any trademark on it.
I don’t know about that…
There was another situation in the past, where someone was using themeforests.net and I think he got his account suspended (though I think not only for using the plural of TF)
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
- Beta Tester
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
- Bought between 1 and 9 items
- Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
- Exclusive Author
You can use domain names like googles.com…. but not for powering a search engine.
If you use a domain name registered to sound like a business, and steal that business’ clients, it will be taken away from you. You are allowed to use it for anything else, or even for the same business purpose and market niche if you purchased it before the more succesful business made it big. (owning googles.com before google.com was even registered)
This situation does not affect themeforest commercially in a negative way. The site’s image may be affected by allowing it, but the money will still reach Envato.