• Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

Hey guys, just an update. Regular updates and soft-rejected updates should be going through. Soft-disabled updates are the ones being held at the moment but will be fixed here shortly because our devs are awesome.

22 posts
  • Austria
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
TheBuckmaker says

Will the updated themes be removed from the category lists?

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

And the homepage? I don’t understand why this is taking days to be honest, if this was me and a client I would of been fired by now…

Also once fixed (hopefully!) and these bogus updated items are removed hopefully that doesn’t mean everything uploaded during this issue will be removed from the front page also, or I am not sure how authors will react – I really am confused as to why we really are not getting any feedback re why an issue like this that has happened a few times over a period of 1-2 years STILL is happening and still not fixed -you say awesome devs but to be honest it’s their job and if they worked for my company they would of been replaced by now…. Sorry for the harsh words but it’s how the rest of the business world works.

Hoping this mess is cleared up here soon and by soon I mean fairly quickly and by fairly quickly I mean during a normal work day period.

1383 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
wpCanyonThemes says

And the homepage? I don’t understand why this is taking days to be honest, if this was me and a client I would of been fired by now…

Also once fixed (hopefully!) and these bogus updated items are removed hopefully that doesn’t mean everything uploaded during this issue will be removed from the front page also, or I am not sure how authors will react – I really am confused as to why we really are not getting any feedback re why an issue like this that has happened a few times over a period of 1-2 years STILL is happening and still not fixed -you say awesome devs but to be honest it’s their job and if they worked for my company they would of been replaced by now…. Sorry for the harsh words but it’s how the rest of the business world works.

Hoping this mess is cleared up here soon and by soon I mean fairly quickly and by fairly quickly I mean during a normal work day period.

+1 Can’t agree more.

And after all, they can give a try with WP themes instead, they would earn more i guess :)

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

Well, for starters, this isn’t the only thing the devs have on their list of to-dos. Yes, it’s a very important issue but I don’t know what other tasks they’re also working on at the moment, some of which might take priority.

Aside from that, the marketplaces are very complex and handle a lot of items and information. Only the devs know how complex issues like this are to fix. Maybe a required feature caused this issue and requires re-building this element of the system (just speculation, I really have no idea).

My point being that all of us on the outside view of things just see the surface of an issue that, in reality, might go much deeper and require more time than just something simple. As far as why this is a reoccurring issue, I have no idea. Only someone who knows the way the system has been built can answer that.

As far as the older items that were pushed to the home page, I requested that they be placed back in their correct listing position. I don’t know if that’s something they’ll be able to do right now or not. When I get more information, I’ll be sure to update everyone. Thanks for hanging in there during this fix.

• Elite Author
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Thanks Jarel – my complaints are not directed towards you or the mods so please do not take any offense – none is meant.

3 days and counting is just not acceptable by anyones standards – that’s all I am saying.

1383 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Serbia
wpCanyonThemes says

A bug like this should have the highest priority in my opinion. (i guess taking pics with DDStudios had higher priority :) )

And that bug happened before so isn’t the fix same as the last time?

And during the process i think it would have been nice to hear some statement from a DEV too, letting us know they’re working on it.

But at least it’s fixed, right? It won’t come back next year?

3365 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

And during the process i think it would have been nice to hear some statement from a DEV too, letting us know they’re working on it.

In that case I expect there would be complaints that the devs were spending time on the message boards rather than “doing their jobs” ;)

Honestly, I think a lot of us authors on here are sounding a bit like the customers we all complain about – the ones who assume there’s some easy fix that should be available immediately because they don’t understand the complexity of the issue. Aren’t we experiencing the same effect here?

Maybe we should give the devs a break – I’m sure they’ve been doing everything they can to get it resolved as quickly as possible :)

• Elite Author
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

In that case I expect there would be complaints that the devs were spending time on the message boards rather than “doing their jobs” ;)

Honestly, I think a lot of us authors on here are sounding a bit like the customers we all complain about – the ones who assume there’s some easy fix that should be available immediately because they don’t understand the complexity of the issue. Aren’t we experiencing the same effect here?

Maybe we should give the devs a break – I’m sure they’ve been doing everything they can to get it resolved as quickly as possible :)

Honestly it sounds like you are telling us to stop complaining about a repetitive issue that hurts peoples incomes, reduces the credibility of this website and Envato as a company, establishes trust issues and confusion with buyers, and the fact that this has been going on for 3 days – almost 4.

But surely not….. ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by