97 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
WPFW says

When I look into the category “all items” and sort by “date” I´ve got more old themes than new ones on the first site. Its kinda weird :)
The SortOrder field is crashed :)) – however i think is a good idea to put back on front page the updated themes, maybe we can encourage authors to improve old themes ?!
No. There are always 20 themes in the update queue. Did your updated get rejected? No. No-ones updates get rejected, so that will be pointless.. the refresh rate will be too fast.

yes good point, maybe the updates must be reviewed as a new theme is, i think that the updates are all accepted because the updates are not so consistent. It was just an idea … but it was a bad one … lol

1246 posts LoveThemes
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
LoveThemes says

Yea, it really shouldn’t take this long….

@items = Item.all(:order => ‘created_at DESC ’)

:(

1383 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+1 more
wpCanyonThemes says

I see a few more updated themes on the front page. And one of them is:

• Fixed: Bullets in editor bug
  • Fixed: Installing theme by zip file
  • Added: Documentation about how to get text near the homepage slider

What’s that, a 5 minute work update? Low move by the author.

The other 2 are even worse.

Another theme is from Nov 2009, it had an update in Nov 2009, one in Dec 2009 and now one in March 2011. The reason for the update is quite obvious.

Another one is from Oct 2009.

These authors should be punished for clearly taking advantage of the situation.

Why don’t they just stop reviewing updates until this is fixed.

273 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
Kopyov says

@wpCanyonThemes you were the first, just wanted to write the same.

As i see even sales almost stops.

Guys, just stop review process while this bug will be fixed and hide these “updated” themes for a day or something, that’s all. Because “bullets bug” is not a good reason to reborn any theme and jump to the first page. That looks very unfair, in this rhythm everyone will do this and new themes in 1 hour after approval will be on the 3rd page

ps – i need to upload an urgent update for my theme, i hope supporting IE7 is a good reason? :D Anyway i’ll wait for usual view.

28 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+3 more
AurelienD says

Where’s the captain?

97 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
WPFW says

I see a few more updated themes on the front page. And one of them is:
  • Fixed: Bullets in editor bug
  • Fixed: Installing theme by zip file
  • Added: Documentation about how to get text near the homepage slider

What’s that, a 5 minute work update? Low move by the author.

The other 2 are even worse.

Another theme is from Nov 2009, it had an update in Nov 2009, one in Dec 2009 and now one in March 2011. The reason for the update is quite obvious.

Another one is from Oct 2009.

These authors should be punished for clearly taking advantage of the situation.

Why don’t they just stop reviewing updates until this is fixed.

There is no need to punish anyone, they will be punished with low sales when things will come back to normal :))

If I remember correct this problem happened again about an year ago? When i’ve posted my first theme here. Am I wrong? Is anyone who remember the same? Maybe is cycle. ThemeForest is alive and try to communicates :))

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Unfortunately this just now reflects how disorganized and unprofessional Envato looks… That’s not a remark I am trying to make, just an observation of how everyone perceives the site right now.

Come on guys – try Elance or something to get some help if you don’t have enough devs – this is just ridiculous now – sales are being hurt badly right now…..

2021 posts Review Manager
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hey all,

We thought this bug had been fixed but it obviously appears to either be back or just hadn’t been completely fixed. I’ve asked all reviewers to halt reviewing the type of updates that are affected until the devs can get it sorted. I’ve also asked the devs to put the affected items back into their correct listing position.

Apologies for the inconvenience here guys, it should be fixed soon.

377 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
+6 more
GoodLayers says

Hey all,

We thought this bug had been fixed but it obviously appears to either be back or just hadn’t been completely fixed. I’ve asked all reviewers to halt reviewing the type of updates that are affected until the devs can get it sorted. I’ve also asked the devs to put the affected items back into their correct listing position.

+1

1383 posts
+1 more
wpCanyonThemes says

Hey all,

+1

Recently i came across an interesting article related to handling problems. The “users” won’t attack you if you keep them up to date with the progress of fixing the problem, but they certainly will if you keep quiet.

The best example is the big problem with GMail that happened a while ago, people even appreciated them more after it got sorted out even thou there was a HUGE bug and people couldn’t access their email acc at the time.

Why? Because they were updating the users constantly on the fixing progress.

Edit: Just noticed something funny. A theme that was 3rd 2 hours ago is now 1st?!? Is this bug maybe happening even when the theme description is updated? I’m not gonna test it thou, i don’t want to be on the first page, sales are going better for our theme on the 2nd page then for those themes on the 1st page :)

by
by
by
by
by
by