• Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
+7 more
INDUSTRYKIDZ says

Whats with all these New Guys Here Ripping Off Files , everyday and envato aint doing nothing about it ? they just let them .

I get Files Rejected because they look like other of my own files but when a RIP OFF uploads something they Let them tru with out a probleM!

and YES I DID CONTACT your Slow SUPPORT System!!

184 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
RomacMedia says

I’m glad to see that someone else has notice this new trend. Most of these guys come from a particular country that I won’t mention. It has happened to me numerous times, and I contacted the authors to let them know I’ll report them.

One guy stole my flyer and use my same title text and layer style. He’s been selling like crazy but his files are stolen from other authors. He had a new years flyer that I know he stole from (PixelFrie) and it made a lot of sales.

Just Sunday this next guy from the same country reused some elements from my flyer and I left a comment indicating what was done and the file was taken down. That same guy portfolio is full of GR author files and nothing is done. I’m not even interested to contact the other authors because I think some authors are working together on this.

Some months ago someone who runs a site other than GR and steals GR authors work, redesign them and sell them for $15 reported that I stole his design. They froze my money and took down the file. I didn’t even bother file a counter DMCA because I felt support could have investigated the matter some more.

Today that guy still has GR files on his website and is getting away with it. Recently I have seen Grandelelo ‘Mardi Gras’ flyer there. I mailed Grandelelo but he has not responded. I’m not going to waste my time any more with this issue.

I still hope something will be done in the near future about these issues.

3552 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+3 more
ToivoMedia says

Very sad. Not what Envato was created for.

5767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

There is a hard but effective way to filter these things. If Envato asks for identity proof to qualify as an author, all those illegal habits will drop a lot (not 100% but nearly). But can we expect efforts like this from Envato? wait for another 6+ years.

If the rip offs happen externally, we can assume that as authors responsibility to solve. When it happens inside marketplace, still making authors to resolve this isn’t ethical. Also looking at the size of the marketplaces, the strategy of “allow anonymous upload + remove reported files” can’t be a permanent solution. Someday this can look like ripping off buyer’s wallet.

339 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
kevinhamil says

This is very unfortunate. I hope everything is sorted out for you soon and that this trend is put to a stop. While I agree it’s Envato’s responsibility to fix the rip-offs and stop it from happening, I can only assume that reviewers need more of a standardized protocol of steps when it comes to checking new uploads against the existing market. It would also seem that some of the Envato marketplaces are growing faster than the company, leaving them to constantly play catch-up and fumble around. In regards to ‘review protocol’ I’m sue they do have a system in place, they must… It just seems that either some reviewers are not being thorough enough or maybe the protocol needs to evolve from time to time with the hurdles of the marketplace.

I’m totally pro-Envato, but I think they may just be in a place of transition and they’re trying to get ahold of the reigns.

I’m pretty new here so I don’t know if this has been tried before… But the market places are full of brilliant authors. If there are growth problems, or things that need creative solutions, why not open up to the authors with the issues at hand and get the active community’s feedback of ideas of ways to resolve certain issues. And I don’t mean a bantering thread of people arguing, but a more controlled environment or think tank so to speak. They could even have a more higher level type of community member level that allows them to have discussions about such problematic issues with staff to aid in finding resolve… And not as extednded staff or anything… Just letting the commited community have a stronger voice when it comes to contributing to protecting their investments.

I got a little off topic there, but it just got me thinking. And again, I’m new so maybe my perception is skewed about how this is all working.. But those are some of my thoughts.

368 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
krafti says

How do these people pass the test to become an author?

everyone knows this test isn’t a real test…is just a big captcha :D

587 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
grandelelo says

@ Romac, the email went to Sam folder that’s why I didnt see…

Thanks a lot

108 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Asia/Pacific Region
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
nutzumi says

Agree, yesterday I saw a new FaceBook cover. at first I though it was a new version of what @Ibeck was done before (The top sale of FB Cover) but it not! It was someone copy his design. it look REALLY the same design as @Ibeck item. some author already noticed and comment on that item. this is what the author reply.

50-50 Similar, but not 100% copy! It also has some differences… That item has inner shadow & my one is not, also layouts are also different than that timeline’s layouts & 1 Pixel black gap is also a point…

just 1 pixel difference !! really !I can tell you that it was 99% copy. It just make me really frustrate. why the copy of the top sale on the category get approved and also more price value than the original :(

3716 posts Community Moderator
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

Piracy and copyright related discussion is not appropriate for the forums and should be directed to Support.

As so, I’m going to lock this thread.

by
by
by
by
by
by