143 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has referred 50+ members
+2 more
AmigoProductions says

Hi everyone :)

2 days ago I finished working on a new template (it’s in the que now..) and during the process I found myself with a big smile on my face..!

It happened just as I was finalizing the preview video and was adding the VideoHive watermark. I then thought to myself – “Wow..! This must be the best part :) I’m just about to see the final result of all my hard work” (of course I didn’t actually speak to myself.. It was all happening in my head.. ;) )

So I thought it would be cool and interesting to hear from you guys what your favorite part in the process is?

(I actually have another favorite part, but I’ll keep it for later on in the discussion!)

7650 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I enjoy researching, designing and creating the template. I hate preparing the files for preview. This last part is so repetitive and never go as planned.

431 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
vovkacg says

I enjoy researching, designing and creating the template. I hate preparing the files for preview. This last part is so repetitive and never go as planned.

The same for me. I like the middle part – actual creating of a design that you have in your head or on a sheet of paper, wherever, when all the preparations are done, and there is still much time before you have to prepare file for uploading.

AmigoProductions
AmigoProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
143 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+2 more
AmigoProductions says

OK I’ve got to +1 what you’ve both said and fine tune my first message.. Of course I as well love the part of design and creation. Without doubt that is the most interesting and important part of the process, and is basically the essence of your whole template.

I probably should have wrote that watching the preview at the end is one of my most “Satisfying moments of the process”, not my “favorite part of the process”..

2304 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

+1, I hate doing the documentation :P But at least I got almost no questions about customization from buyers, so it’s worth it not putting only a crappy txt file as “documentation”

431 posts
+6 more
vovkacg says

+1, I hate doing the documentation :P But at least I got almost no questions about customization from buyers, so it’s worth it not putting only a crappy txt file as “documentation”

If you have questions from your buyers, you’ve got a chance to ask them to rate your item with 5 stars :)

DsignProductions
DsignProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
416 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
DsignProductions says

If you have questions from your buyers, you’ve got a chance to ask them to rate your item with 5 stars :)

Or asking to donate $500.

705 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
3dbacks says

...Or for free because of Faith, God, and “similar” situation’s…....

326 posts
+4 more
mothinkers says

I TOTALLY agreee with you!

138 posts After Effects template maniac, freelancer
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in United States
+9 more
FluxVFX Envato team says

Totally agree! I was just thinking about this yesterday because its time to start back up again. My favorite part is when research is done, design is done and I’m plugging away at the animation and figuring out the best way to make customizing easiest on the user. My brain is in a state of flow for several days.

I agree with @Amigo too, getting it done feels great but for me it’s like seeing a friend go back home after a long stay.

by
by
by
by
by
by