1456 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Norway
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Mihai_Sorohan says

So, many years ago I’ve heard of this Nebula VST but whenever I actually get the free version and try it, my computer could not put up with it. I see t praised on many audio forums for the wonderful analog emulations, brilliant ….whatever, so, I decided yesterday to try it again.
Got the free version and installed it. My impressions are not really positive.
- crashes whenever I run it in same project with T-Raks or plugins from Nomad Factory
- all amp, preamp, tape and tube emulations don’t really do anything to the sound
- compressors don’t really act like compressors
- reverbs are a bad joke
- the “liquid” slider doesn’t do anything, maybe some bad artifacts in one reverb program
- when I run together with plugins that use same engine I have bursts of high pitched noise and my mixer channels go on red and stay there even after the sound stopped

Now, I see so many people being amazed by it that it makes me wonder, am I getting the bad results only?
What’s your experience with it?

707 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Waderman says

Hi Mihai, downloaded the free Nebula 3 bundle yesterday. Will test this evening and feedback to you.

Dirk

1456 posts
  • Norway
Mihai_Sorohan says

Thanks for reply :)

1456 posts
  • Norway
Mihai_Sorohan says

Any others?

707 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Waderman says

Sorry Mihai for been late ;-) Unfortunately my DAW can´t find the fresh installed VST. No chance to get it work. The problem must be in front of the display or between my ears….Don´t know why.

29 posts
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
aj-guitar says

Nebula is the best plugin that I have and I sometimes don’t use any other plugins in my mixes because IMHO nothing comes close in terms of audio quality.

BUT ….

Nebula is a beast and if you don’t know how to handle it it won’t do you any favour.

It is very subtle and unfortunately the usability is a nightmare. But in the end it’s worth it, at least for me ;-)

by
by
by
by
by
by