• Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+8 more
Mocarg Volunteer moderator says

My story is right here: http://mocarg.posterous.com/my-videohive-story#more

I want to know how you guys started, what did Videohive do to you! :D This can be very interesting topic… :)

232 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bulgaria
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
AlexZlatev says

when i first visit videohive i thought that its personal website of someone where he sells his work and i close it but after a few months i accidently check on it again and start reading instead of browsing the videos :) and here we are 1 year and few months later, my first year was as hobby to upload files but after my friend inlifethrill quit his job and became full time author i decided to give a try and now im ft author too :) and im very very happy ! thanks to evnato, plamencvetanov,stefoto,inflifethrill, all of the staff here and all the buyers of course :)

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Whats actually pretty funny is that I found Envato through StumbleUpon. The toolbar must have brought me to FlashDen at least 20 times, and I kept ignoring it until one day I realized, it keeps bringing me here, I might as well check the site out. Just over 3 years later…here I am…

1030 posts Massfocus
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
Massfocus says

I think i stumbled upon this place when a interview was given to Hedley, if i am not wrong. His impression about this place was so convincingly good i kept checking it out more and more, until i told myself to try the pool too. So i closed my eyes & nose and jumped without knowing i could swim in these waters.

I never regretted that decision :superbashfulcute:

449 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
Final_Step says

I was a beginner in AE, made some intros and stuff… I guess it was d3luxxxe and Elements to bring me here.

I saw their projects on youtube and I was truly amazed !

I decided to try to make similar stuff. It took a while for me to learn, but then I made it. And now here I’m, proud to be part of the Envato community.

I’m working with AE for already one year.

1000 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
baf2681 Reviewer says

I actually had a client send me a link to a file on here before it was even VH. Back in the day the video files were a section on Flashden (now Activeden). I was one of the top authors/sellers, then through that started talking with Mark and helped him and Envato get Videohive up and going.

I haven’t made a Ae template in a while but you all keep me plenty busy.

B

3888 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
miseld says

I have been looking for a market stockfootage and quite accidentally found the videohive, then I tried to understand just how the market is functioning, as represented on the internet, visited, I did a brief analysis given that I came to VideoHive when there were about 400,000 members . After several months I decided to register and submit your first paper, I soon realized the great potential Envato market. Soon I was left without a full time job and I decided to try to Videohive. I am very pleased and I’m sorry I did not quite joined the market previousl

317 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
+1 more
kramz says

I clicked on a link that Mark posted on a motion graphics forum, found out about the top two authors back then (DigitalScience and Bobocel). The page was only flash stuff, so I gave it a try and uploaded a file. BLING ! it started selling :) Haven’t stopped uploading since. I’m surprised my first file still sells after two years.

Cheers,
Daniel

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says
I clicked on a link that Mark posted on a motion graphics forum, found out about the top two authors back then (DigitalScience and Bobocel). The page was only flash stuff, so I gave it a try and uploaded a file. BLING ! it started selling :) Haven’t stopped uploading since. I’m surprised my first file still sells after two years.
Cheers,
Daniel

Wait Daniel, you found VH through the Mograph link!? I laugh about that post I created every time it comes up, because I was pretty much chased off that forum with pitchforks and flaming torches. I hung out there for about 2 years before coming to FlashDen, and when I posted a link there as VH was about to go live, they went nuts. Some industry pros, seriously look down on the concept of “stock”. I don’t think they got what I was trying to do with VH. But I thought that posting was a complete failure. Good to know one of the most veteran authors is here because of it!

317 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
+1 more
kramz says
Cheers,
Daniel
Wait Daniel, you found VH through the Mograph link!? I laugh about that post I created every time it comes up, because I was pretty much chased off that forum with pitchforks and flaming torches. I hung out there for about 2 years before coming to FlashDen, and when I posted a link there as VH was about to go live, they went nuts. Some industry pros, seriously look down on the concept of “stock”. I don’t think they got what I was trying to do with VH. But I thought that posting was a complete failure. Good to know one of the most veteran authors is here because of it!
Lol. I guess it did work after all.
by
by
by
by
by
by