I am wondering about quitting my full time job but wait until my earnings will cover my salary 3x. Hope, I will do it soon
How? The answer is very simple: “Just start doing it.”
I just started doing this here 2 months ago. I’m in a very complicated real-life situation in which there aren’t many other options available for me anymore. Brain damage, physical injury due to violence on the street, etc. I won’t be able to get a job anymore, for everone thinks I’m a medical risk. I live on a very low wellfare at the moment. It’s tight. But, since about 8 weeks I’m now spending 80-100 (or even slightly more at times) hours per week into music. Simply fulltime. I sold everything I owned and invested it in better, more expressive instruments. I’ve been living on crackers with peanut-butter, etc. Now, well, I made $26,70 in these 2 months, while spended thousands. But I know for sure, believe me, believe me, that one can do ANYTHING he wants. Really. It takes commitment, drive, passion and reason. I know that for me it will become alright, although I still have alot to learn. And if you think about this, it will be alright for you too. But do realize: becoming succesful in whatever you do, whether that’s here, or painting, or software programming or whatever: it doesn’t come by itself. It’s hard work. I have the luck to live in an area where quite some famous artists live – some friends as well. They’ve been my inspiration and proof for many years about how commitment pays off in the end – in the end, not instantly. And if it wasn’t for other people to be proof: hey, I learned to walk again. I survived death twice, including cancer. You don’t ask yourself: how. You just fight for it. Simple as that.
In case it won’t work out for myself, I still have one final option left, which I definately don’t want, so it’s even more reason for me to be all-in 16/7 in this, no matter what it takes. I’ll live on peanutbutter, no problem, at least I’m alive and working on something eventhough at times it’s hopeless. But continue, continue, continue, never EVER give in.
Commit, learn, grow, and have faith. Really.
Good luck man, I really hope you achieve your goals.
. I have the luck to live in an area where quite some famous artists live – some friends as well.
Hi first of all, I wish you all the best..and’d like to know what’s the city of Netherlands you live, cause I’m planning to leave my country (italy) and join a place where music is a “nornal job”. Thank you
When I got bored with other job! that’s it
Yes, persistence is the key, just like others have said that here. Besides that, you have to BELIEVE that it will work fine and then you’ll accomplish this dream sooner than you would think!
Isn’t it catch 22? You need to be a full time author to make the amount of money that’s enough to quit your job and become a full time author I guess just start doing your best and fast, dedicate enough time and you’ll see. It’s much easier if your start when you still have a lot of time (young), and when you don’t have to work yet (when living with parents).
I would like to know your thoughts on at which point you can take a dicission to become a Full time author at Envato Market place? Is this depend on the number of items in portfolio or the sale rate or how one can decide this?
Becoming a full-time author has a lot of benefits but also has a lot of risks as it’s not a steady income flow and you can’t really predict the sales trends in the future. So before quitting your day job:
1) Make sure you already have a steady income flow on Envato established, I would say by the time you earning double your day job salary on Envato then you would be ready to go full-time author.
2) Have a 6 months business plan for when you do go full-time author, have a task list of goals, projects and estimates when you’d get each project done. Also establish partnerships, online advertising, office equipment etc prior to going full-time, so you have everything ready.
3) Save money before quitting your job and keep it as a back up in case you have trouble down the line during the early stages of going full-time author,and remember you can wait as long as 45 days to see profit from your new submissions, so manage your expenditure well in the first few months.
4) When you work full-time author from home, it’s easy to work less hard now with all the free-time… so remember to keep motivated and stick to your business plan.
...Besides that, you have to BELIEVE that it will work fine and then you’ll accomplish this dream sooner than you would think!
hahaha! Is this the way our life works? I mean author life
I never believed someday my entire earnings will happen through this way – but I just “wanted” this and it worked. There is a difference between belief and need. Sometimes “belief” will permanently separate someone from most needed things. We can’t believe something just because of our need and we may not need something just because we believe it to happen.
Also persistence and belief are not really connected!
You guys are really genius. Appreciated all your valuable support. 4 points are great mentioned by digitalscience.
One more question: Are you guys are doing so much sale alone or do you have small group of designers, developers with you? I think if I need to reach such sale fugures, I would need to make partnership with other.
Thanks again Geon
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.