3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Elch_ says

Hi all, I’ve created a new theme I would like to upload. I’ve passed the test, but when i upload my file, and set the main file, it says “you need to upload a zip file” although I did.

I’m using winRAR to compress my zip files, thanks.

2529 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Are you positive that the extension of your file is ”.zip” and not something like ”.rar”?

3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Elch_ says

its .zip

3 posts
Elch_ says

also, heres a pic proving so: http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3889/notebooko.png

Could it be that I’m entering my copyright info wrong?

2263 posts Bird is the word..
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

if you look at the preview box under it it states – zip file containing png or jpeg images – you are attempting to upload a single png file – you should read the upload notes again where it states that you should have in a zipped file several images named like this 1_Home.jpg, 2_Contact.jpg etc

This is so that when someone looks at your theme and they click screenshots they can see a jpeg image of each page.

The first image ( ie the 1_whatever.jpg) will be the one used for the preview image or the large thumbnail when hovering over the small thumb.

Hope that makes sense and eases your frustration.

by
by
by
by
by
by