7425 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

this is a big marketplace and is hard to follow with changes and new stuff, I would love to see the dashboard more crowded when rules that applies to authors are changed. (just a suggestion not saying the dashboard is never used for communication with the author from staff) :)

The rule I’m speaking about is that now themeforest allow linking to your own themeshop in the banners you place on top of your themes. You can also promote free themes in the same banner to attract themeforest clients to your marketplace so you can build yourself a big client base.

Looks like you will also get a big banner on top of all envato marketplaces to promote you, but just for a day. Don’t know if this two things are related.

148 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
loveetc says

The rule I’m speaking about is that now themeforest allow linking to your own themeshop in the banners you place on top of your themes.

Where you have seen that?

7425 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Where you have seen that?

:) is the point of this thread.

new rules are hard to find.

for this you have to know where to look.

441 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
pixelnourish says

Are you talking about the latest Power Elite Author (not posting any names)?

If so, they got the banner at the top of the envato marketplaces because they reached $1,000,000 in sales. They also have their own banner on their files because that’s how they’ve coded their theme previews.
There isn’t a feature to do these things.

If you’re talking about something else, then I have no idea what you mean :)

7425 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

They also have their own banner on their files because that’s how they’ve coded their theme previews.

I’m sure they are not the only one who knows how to code a custom banner on top of their theme previews :)

linking to your own marketplace was not allowed in the past and using your previews to offer free themes or other promotions unrelated with the marketplace was also forbidden.

so, when rules changes it will be nice to get a notice in the dashboard.

If so, they got the banner at the top of the envato marketplaces because they reached $1,000,000 in sales.

ah, ok :)

thank you for clarifying this out. I was thinking it was some sort of bundled promotion. envato place you on a banner on top of all marketplaces and then you place a banner on your items redirecting customers to your website.

like a stream of water.

From an usability point of view it would had been faster to place the banner from the items directly on top of the marketplaces, to prevent forcing buyers to click to many times on links.

2223 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

have you actually read somewhere that this is allowed or do you just assume it’s a new rule because you see elite authors doing it?

I can just tell you: elite authors break the rules often enough.

8251 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

so, where did you read these new rules?

6000 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

so, where did you read these new rules?

I think Doru is poking Envato to keep the important policies easily accessible. Bad examples sets bad trends regardless of polices.

Recently found a power elite’s item automatically removing the top bar which replaces marketplace links with external source for free. Any new author would just learn this habit as these breaches are frequently visible than policies. And there is a misconception that Elite authors are perfect and knows the rules well – this adds more room for following an unaccepted trend.

One can write a policy on paper and keep it on shelf for years. But the way it transferred to the users is the key.

7425 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

didn’t read them anywhere, this is the point of the thread :)

I would love to see notices in the dashboard when new rules as this one are implemented. Probably the staff forget to inform us so I’m just pointing out this small “bug”.

Off course if you want to debate if this rule exist or not or if is appropriate you can freely do it, but I don’t know why you people are so baffled about this. The user who took advantage of this new rule is well known, staff promoted him on front page and I’m sure they visited his items and saw the banner, so there is no doubt in my mind that the rule exist.

I’m not against this rule btw, I was thinking in creating my own marketplace and having the possibility to redirect envato customers to my new future start up is awesome news. Probably I will need to sell one million dollar first to get that nice banner at the top but this is a small obstacle that can be easily passed in the next two or three months

Recently found a power elite’s item automatically removing the top bar which replaces marketplace links with external source for free.

is what I’m saying. I’m always the last one to find out when awesome changes to the rules are implemented.

maybe is a feature of power elite authors to get informed first about them?

2223 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

not the first time envato doesn’t check their items – even featured – to act by the rules.

Good luck in getting to one million, I’ve reached that milestone on my first day and broke the paw system with that. I was so super successful, the server crashed and now I’m stacked with the silver paw, although I’m a power elite for over a year now.

But I don’t care, by this I get all the super duper extra stuff power elite author gets without anyone knowing. I can set my own commission to 100% whenever I like and buy my own products to push them up in the popular authors list. I can prerender Element 3D projects without being punished for that and by this earning even more money while the little guys here are still trying to make money with their highquality, legal projects.. haha. Saturday is the best day, then we all meet up in the power elite mansion and have 3 girls each. Oh yes, the ring is cool, too.

by
by
by
by
by
by