6029 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

... The user who took advantage of this new rule is well known, staff promoted him on front page and I’m sure they visited his items and saw the banner, so there is no doubt in my mind that the rule exist.

The problem is staffs having less awareness about rules than authors – due to specialized nature of work. It is natural that an author can easily find broken rules than staffs (unless the staff’s job is related to rules and policies). This is where complaints and complainers are inevitable.

However the accuracy and efficiency on managing these things are what differentiates well calculated business expansion Vs raw decisions to hike numbers.

214 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
agusmu says

@doru,

Basically, I can say that there is no change on the rules here. It is only on our interpretation, and different author has different interpretation here.

And, this is only because some of us think that doing anything to get more sales is allowed here. And when Envato said, “don’t do that”, then some of us said, “oh, Envato changes the rules”... I can say that it is not “his” first time… ;)

I think, it is better if Envato can make a dedicated page to show the rule, “easy to read” DOs and DON’Ts for authors. So, it can be good author guidelines before doing anything that possibly cross the line.

7648 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Basically, I can say that there is no change on the rules here. It is only on our interpretation, and different author has different interpretation here.

this is awesome news. :) because having that new rule is a great thing but if we can just do as we want depending of our interpretation then is fantastic :D

one thing we can do just now is throw a rave party at envato headquarters, working hours only. I will bring the beer but we need to stock it somewhere. Did some of you have the key to Collis office? If not, we will break the door.

I drink Guinness, if someone have other preferences please let me know.

214 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
agusmu says

this is awesome news. :) because having that new rule is a great thing but if we can just do as we want depending of our interpretation then is fantastic :D

one thing we can do just now is throwing a rave party at envato headquarters, working hours only. I will bring the beer but we need to stock it somewhere. Did some of you have the key to Collis office? If not, we will break the door.

I drink Guinness, if someone have other preferences please let me know.

Sad fact but it is true. It does happen several times here. I send a real example via message to you. Check your email. ;)

7648 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Sad fact but it is true. It does happen several times here. I send a real example via message to you. Check your email. ;)

got no mail but is not important. That link should be sent to support. :)

7648 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I found a new rule that changed what used to be not allowed around here and yet no one told me this has changed. I don’t mind, is just awesome we can do it now.

You know you were not allowed to use game screenshots in your previews? You didn’t know?

Well it doesn’t matter because now is allowed.

Awesome, no?

3732 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

I found a new rule that changed what used to be not allowed around here and yet no one told me this has changed. I don’t mind, is just awesome we can do it now.

You know you were not allowed to use game screenshots in your previews? You didn’t know?

Well it doesn’t matter because now is allowed.

Awesome, no?

But surely games are copyrighted. Seems strange that you can use them.

7648 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

but if is not allowed how did it passed the reviewer check?

it must be allowed :) there is no doubt about it.

there is even the name of the game on the image.

(not a new item anyway but quite popular so this changes in rules happened from quite some time)

too bad I was not informed

3732 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

but if is not allowed how did it passed the reviewer check?

it must be allowed :) there is no doubt about it.

there is even the name of the game on the image.

(not a new item anyway but quite popular so this changes in rules happened from quite some time)

too bad I was not informed

7648 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

by
by
by
by