2154 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

hm I don’t get the purpose of this thread. Just a few weeks ago you were complaining that – as you said – reviewers reject your items because your forum posts did upset them.

And now this thread?

There will always be items that slip through, I’ve found them too. Prerendered Element 3D is also forbidden, but can be found from time to time, clearly stated in the description and/or preview. Reviewers are humans, humans do mistakes. Even big and obvious ones, from time to time.

7305 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

hm I don’t get the purpose of this thread. Just a few weeks ago you were complaining that – as you said – reviewers reject your items because your forum posts did upset them. And now this thread?

and this means what? :)

because from your post looks like I should not say my opinion on certain things so the staff doesn’t get angry. Is this correct?

148 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
loveetc says

because from your post looks like I should not say my opinion on certain things so the staff doesn’t get angry. Is this correct?

... or may be your can express your opinion in a better way?

7305 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

... or may be your can express your opinion in a better way?

please refrain from discussing about me and my writing capabilities. While I’m indeed an interesting subject is not this the point of the thread.

If you want, you are free to express your opinion on this new rules that happen to be on but I didn’t knew about it. Also it will be good to know what do you think about my proposal of informing all authors in the dashboard when certain behaviors permitted to certain authors starts to be tolerated by the staff so I can also take advantage of them for my own interest.

I’m getting a little bypassed and can’t react anymore at rapid changes in life so a little help from staff with notices in my dashboard would be really nice.

For example I would had loved to come up first with the idea of creating items of this type: “1000 elements inside bundle megapack”, but since I was living under a rock with old fake rules in my head I’ve lost the start. A little hint in my dashboard would had been awesome.

+8 more
Creattive says

no that’s not correct doru :) These were your words. I don’t think reviewers give a sh*t what is written in the forums when it comes to reviewing items. But you were so convinced of that idea that you said you will hold back in the forums – although most people here liked you because of expressing your honest opinion, and you even became a community superstar.

But now I see this thread and I don’t know what to think about it. You are complaining about item not playing by the rules – in a somewhat silly sarcistic way. This is either your way of “not expressing your opinion” by wrapping it up with a load of sarcasm and then be able to say that you never intended to blame anyone – sorry I don’t think staff doesn’t get what you are doing here. Or you just like to talk around a subject.

Either way, what you want to say is: rules should be clear to anyone and items should be controlled by staff to play by these rules.

That’s a reasonable standpoint, and I think all authors here that are aware of what’s allowed and what’s not get angry when they see items breaking the rules.

support doesn’t react very fast – if they react at all. That’s a problem and has been talked about a lot. I’m not sure if this will be changed soon since support staff still needs several more skilled people and envato doesn’t seem to get enough out of the (now) monthly bundles to hire new people.

So just tell me, what is this thread for?

Informing people about something’s wrong? Yup, you did that.

Complaining? – For sure.

Whining? Maybe.

Trying to let users think all of this is allowed just to show envato that they are doing something wrong? Here you have to help me.

But what this is certainly not about is what you are talking about since page 1, and most of the people reading this thread get that.

7305 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

But you were so convinced of that idea that you said you will hold back in the forums

very bad from my part, not speaking is always a mistake, but this is not about my history with the reviewers, don’t understand why you insist on this subject.

I don’t get understand why all this posts against me, :) do you think is a bad idea if we are informed in the dashboard when rules changes on important subjects like using games screenshots in the previews or adding banners on your items promoting your own external marketplace or even creating awesome bundles by yourself?

Just a small side question, how can you recognize if element 3d was used in creating prerender elements?

+8 more
Creattive says

okay then go on with your new-rules-in-dashboard alibi. But don’t complain about people not taking you seriously here :)

About the prerendered element 3d: I cannot, but the authors are so nice to tell it in their description or comments. And sometimes it is an actual Element 3D project, in the right category, saying: This is made with Element 3D, but if you don’t have this plugin – no problem, I’ve prerendered it for you.

Elite author, btw…

7305 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

awesome, so this is a new rule that changed! :)

you can use element3D prerendered elements in your projects.

what did I tell you, we need to stay informed with marketplace changes.

+8 more
Creattive says

well unfortunately these items have been removed by now, so there seems to be some problems – not sure if it’s related to that new “rule” ;)

I’m outta here now, happy playin’ Doru :)

5899 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

@doru, it is difficult for any staff to understand the scope of this particular threads request. You told some of the policy changes are not announced but actually what you considered as new changes are examples of out-of-policy items.

Initially I thought you are requesting Envato to display some of the polices on author dashboard. For example showing the policies which are proven to be breached frequently by items / authors. But it seems the topic is different.

Also if you see item related restrictions being relaxed on VideoHive, you need to post the thread on VideoHive section so that it wont confuse other marketplaces where things might be going well.

by
by
by
by
by
by