225 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
mihaimcm says

So when you are old you can retire and money will come at your home every month becouse you have some papers proving that you worked all your life given to you by your boss that hired you(or something like that) ,so what happens when you are a freelancer designer,etc, when I will become old and need to “retire” how will I recive money every month,can there be made some paper that will prove that I worked as a freelancer,or something like that?

2568 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+16 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Well, depending on the country of operation, you might be “forced” to pay a private pension and social security funds. Then again, those only provide “some” money for the pension, and I strongly recommend you look at a totally “private” pension fund, and pay that your whole life while you’re at it. That’s the thing about freelancers. Nobody pays anything for you as an individual, they only pay for your “services”, and the rest is up to you. That’s why you can charge slightly higher, but also have no vacation time, paid leave and so on and so forth.

Over here for example, most of such payments are made together with the taxes, and depend on profit amount. More profit > bigger payment > better pay later on.

Hope this helps.

328 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Many countries have a National Insurance System. You’re never penalized because you are a freelancer as you are in fact self-employed and I’m 100% sure though there may be private pension programs, the state will have a similar program.

1095 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
+2 more
TanyDi says

Well, depending on the country of operation, you might be “forced” to pay a private pension and social security funds. Then again, those only provide “some” money for the pension, and I strongly recommend you look at a totally “private” pension fund, and pay that your whole life while you’re at it. That’s the thing about freelancers. Nobody pays anything for you as an individual, they only pay for your “services”, and the rest is up to you. That’s why you can charge slightly higher, but also have no vacation time, paid leave and so on and so forth.

Over here for example, most of such payments are made together with the taxes, and depend on profit amount. More profit > bigger payment > better pay later on.

Hope this helps.

+1

In my country I have to register as a freelancer and to pay every month pension and health insurances.

304 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
BittLoader says

@mihaimcm Where are you from? It depends from country to country, i can help you if you need more info.

5899 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Thread title sounds like an Ad!

5342 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

I’d love to know more about how I can get money to come home with me :P

491 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

you cannot retire. you’re the chosen one*

* as in the person who will, for the rest of his life, listen to our rants, report back to devs and being yelled at because of that.

BF

5342 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

you cannot retire. you’re the chosen one*

* as in the person who will, for the rest of his life, listen to our rants, report back to devs and being yelled at because of that.

BF

I’m living the dream! :)

288 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
soundengine says

Buy some google shares every month, never sell, never trade. 20 years later money will come to your home :)

by
by
by
by
by
by