413 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
mitdralla says

I don’t know about you, but when I make a sale, I consider that my baby.. Each one I sell I get excited and happy.

As you know the rollercoaster of sales up and down,.. nothing… something… nothing… nothing… many at once… something..

It makes me think.. who is the average buyer in the marketplace?

Are they freelancers looking for an item for their client project? Are they a large company/firm with large budgets who don’t buy when their budgets run out? are they a single person who wants something awesome for their website? Are they everything listed? (probably)

I have many goals and a few of them are to get consistent sales. But not only that, sales on the weekend. I know it is tough but I am trying to understand my buyers habits and get consistency.

What have you done to create consistent purchases?

I know every item I create, I think to myself. This could be it. This could be the item that changes me forever. Although I am still pushing for that to happen, I want to be smart about my choices in what I spend time creating. Not only that but promoting.

So in the end, where do babies (sales) come from, where do you think? Any insights, thoughts or ideas on creating consistency?

I know creating an item that everyone wants all the time is consistency, but is there anything specific you chose to do?

Tim

20 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
ThemesGravity says

The Title sounds really wrong :P

950 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
3Ddym says

The Title sounds really wrong :P

I also wonder when I saw the title :)

18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
rawcode says

Good question :)

3732 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

So not a humour thread then. :|

565 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Coriiander says

I think you should maybe look at things from a different perspective, and not think so much in terms of sales. Why don’t you try to consider platforms like AudioJungle simply brilliant platforms, or even just “tools” perhaps, that provide to you an opportunity to grow. To grow, as in expand your network, get feedback, learn from others, get an insight into the international market, etc. As a place where you can safely build up a portfolio for your royalty-free works, while in the meanwhile supported by getting feedback on your work, making musical friends, the opportunity to meet countless creative and diverse people. Where you find things to fuel your own creativity, where you find things that can and will move your own thoughts, and change your ways ot thinking. All of this is far, far more important than sales. Like babies, its values cannot be directly expressed in monetary value. It’s all about growth, and your growth will yield better results and thus better sales. Babies don’t grow up in 1 day, and without taking proper care of them they probably won’t take care of you at your old age either.

Or to put it otherwise: babies are all around you in this jungle full of baby-trees. You merely have to pluck them from the trees. Look around in the jungle, climb some tree, pluck some babies, nurture them, and they’ll grow – over time. In the beginning they may be giving you dirty diapers and loads of headaches, but some day your babies will be taking care for you. Provided you took the effort to raise them well and with love, and guide them through the challenges they encounter.

Or as I’d say, without speaking in terms of babies:

Create value, not money. Money eventually comes from value. You have all the opportunities around you to find out what would make value – through things like communication, experimentation, feedback. You have all the opportunities around you to get aid in then creating that value. Make use of it.

1611 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Bedros says

I think you should maybe look at things from a different perspective, and not think so much in terms of sales. Why don’t you try to consider platforms like AudioJungle simply brilliant platforms, or even just “tools” perhaps, that provide to you an opportunity to grow. To grow, as in expand your network, get feedback, learn from others, get an insight into the international market, etc. As a place where you can safely build up a portfolio for your royalty-free works, while in the meanwhile supported by getting feedback on your work, making musical friends, the opportunity to meet countless creative and diverse people. Where you find things to fuel your own creativity, where you find things that can and will move your own thoughts, and change your ways ot thinking. All of this is far, far more important than sales. Like babies, its values cannot be directly expressed in monetary value. It’s all about growth, and your growth will yield better results and thus better sales. Babies don’t grow up in 1 day, and without taking proper care of them they probably won’t take care of you at your old age either.

Or to put it otherwise: babies are all around you in this jungle full of baby-trees. You merely have to pluck them from the trees. Look around in the jungle, climb some tree, pluck some babies, nurture them, and they’ll grow – over time. In the beginning they may be giving you dirty diapers and loads of headaches, but some day your babies will be taking care for you. Provided you took the effort to raise them well, and guide them through the challenges they encounter.

Or as I’d say, without speaking in terms of babies:

Create value, not money. Money eventually comes from value. You have all the opportunities around you to find out what would make value – through things like communication, experimentation, feedback. You have all the opportunities around you to get aid in then creating that value. Make use of it.

Youthanasia , And that was a great album ;)

565 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Coriiander says

+1. Sure was :)
3732 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

+1. Sure was :)

In my opinion the previous album (Countdown to Extinction) was the strongest. Great artwork though. :)

6025 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

So in the end, where do babies (sales) come from, where do you think? Any insights, thoughts or ideas on creating consistency?

Assuming CC and similar marketplaces:

Actually spotting a consistent sales category and utilities are the key – this either requires work experience with wider projects (custom ones) or need some research. If more easy to spot something, probably that will have higher competition already. The more difficult to find something and sounds like having decent demand, probably it may not be already here and chances are there for decent hit – continuous sales. You can find more varying possibilities between these.

by
by
by
by
by
by