289 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
ideastools says

When rejection happens then comes the real truth, it’s also apply in real life ;)

2019 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

I’ve had plenty of rejections in my time as an author too. This quote from basketball player Michael Jordan always keeps me going:

“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”Michael Jordan

Huge +1 to this! Great quote, Scott!

76 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Fegender says

I give them for free on my Website :-)

117 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
+5 more
nutzumi says

I would give away for free too but I dont have a website yet.

I give them for free on my Website :-)

I like to know your web address plz :bashfulcute:

1034 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

@Dan lol, have heard that one before, but always forget it until someone re posts ! :)
I think it was something to do with lazy workers. If you want something complex done, hire somebody that is lazy because they will find an easier way of doing it.

“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” ? Bill Gates

63 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Europe
flatdesigns says

If my item gets rejected, I don’t sell it elsewhere. In the worst case, I try to improve it, add multiple options to that item, try harder to optimize it. If it’s not good enough for Envato, it’s not good at all. They have high requirements and I trust them that my item is not a good one.

492 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
DoubleX says

I had only one hard rejection until now, I didn’t do anything about it, just moved on. But it’s possible that I’ll offer my rejected files for free on YT. Just a little bit affraid that someone will try to sell them online.

122 posts A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+6 more
CrayThemes says

Definitely don’t give up. My last theme was hard rejected 3 times.

The first time i said: “Ok this is really ugly” and then i invest 7-8 more days on tuning it

The second time i was like: whyyy :crying: why this is happening to meee. + 5-6 days more work

The third time it become personal for me because i have invest so many time and coffee (poor Starbucks waitress. She have to deal with my angry bird face and sounds every morning) that i was determine to not give up (Did i mention? there was of course whyyy :crying: why this is happening to meee phase ).

After that my theme was approved and it got place in popular files. ( and i change “why” with “what” and become: whaaat :crying: this is happening to meee) If my theme wasn’t rejected those 3 times i was probably be ending with a lot less sales and big disappointment.

Don’t give up

442 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+5 more
ZozoUI says

I think there is always a good reason why an item is rejected, poor quality, lack of features, documentation etc. So Keep working on it and it will be approved.

by
by
by
by
by
by