• Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says

Sounds like everyone wants to go to the US. I live so close to the US and I haven’t gone and probably wont ever go. I just don’t like their culture… their plastic, obese and consumerist culture.
It’s always interesting to me when authors here trash the U.S. considering that it’s the largest market here on Envato.

It is also interesting that someone could criticize a country while admitting he’s never been there. I wouldn’t write a country off based on what I saw on TV or read on the internet.

474 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
rayoflightt says

dekurvajo, ok that is your idealistic point of view. But if we speak from pragmatic point of view you can’t disagree that there are people who left their countries to find something that can be called happiness and that means for example job, home, human rights, possibility to develop their knowledge and potential, acceptance of their difference because they did not have possibilities for that in their countries. There are really “hell” and “heaven” on Earth when we compare lives in different countries according to human rights and economic standard.

730 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
GrizzleFX says

For anyone who doesn’t want to see the obese side of America: come to Portland Oregon!

173 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
Rickyloca says

Because traveling teach you for those things what you can not learn from books, school, or any media. For me, its became more than an adventure. It’s teach you how to be determined but not stubborn, self-motivation is became a must. And it could be often risky as well, but it can reminds you how fragile you are, and its force you humility. Traveling is really change your life, and your relationship to this world. Nothing will ever again be black or white, good or bad. it gives you a real immunity against absolutism. And its a damn good feeling when you experience what does it mean when you really love other people, without greed, envy, or self-interest.

Oh man I understand what you mean +1000 :)

1373 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

For anyone who doesn’t want to see the obese side of America: come to Portland Oregon!
Grizzle, I was seriously thinking about Oregon. The problem is, having the visa for long term, its getting more and more strict in your country. But Oregon is still on my list anyway.
1373 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

@rayoflightt: The people who you are talking are’t travellers. But refugees.

5766 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

I like the place where I live, may be I don’t travel enough to compare other places. If you have too many things to compare… well we have very short life to compare and then decide certain things.

5766 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Sounds like everyone wants to go to the US. I live so close to the US and I haven’t gone and probably wont ever go. I just don’t like their culture… their plastic, obese and consumerist culture.
It’s always interesting to me when authors here trash the U.S. considering that it’s the largest market here on Envato.

We need to consider that this thread posted under “Global Off Topic”, so we should forget about business for a while :D

And regarding plastic, obesity and consumerism, I see those even inside poverty, it is a global issue :(

393 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
Twisterium says

Live in Ukraine. Dream of Australia or Canada. Dream of cultural community.

443 posts
  • Latvia
Depard says

When I was a kid I loved to watch Steves Irvin dosumentaries and I always wantet to be hunter of snakes in Australia:D

by
by
by
by
by
by