2324 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

Yesterday the blog and forum overview was still on his place, but now it’s gone, replaced by the feature author box.

I think that this isn’t a great choice.

146 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Netherlands
0703 says

exactly the same second i thought the same, and when i clicked the forum-link i found your entry. you are quick mark :)

1028 posts Freelance Flash and JavaScript Developer
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
sike says

It seems envato remove these section to keep all member sites have the same look.

567 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
iamdok says

Personally I agree with the changes.

In the old FD site the forum overview on the main page was quite useful, but since the redesign I haven’t used the homepage blog overview at all, instead jumping between the forums tab and the dashboard tab.

Perhaps just my way of doing things, I’m sure other authors have totally different use patterns.

2324 posts
+6 more
CreativeMilk says
Personally I agree with the changes.

In the old FD site the forum overview on the main page was quite useful, but since the redesign I haven’t used the homepage blog overview at all, instead jumping between the forums tab and the dashboard tab.

Perhaps just my way of doing things, I’m sure other authors have totally different use patterns.

Well on the old design there whas a direct link to, on the new also, well until yesterday.

I dont directly go to the blog or forum, but i see whats going on on the frontpage. I know now i will mis a lot of forum topics and blog posts.

Dont forget, that people dont like to click;)

177 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
conceptcoding says

I think another reason for the removal of it is that both 3DOcean and CodeCanyon don’t have blogs yet.

Infact, going to blog.codecanyon.net simply bring up a duplicate of CodeCanyon (with all the links beginning blog.codecanyon….).

2324 posts
+6 more
CreativeMilk says
I think another reason for the removal of it is that both 3DOcean and CodeCanyon don’t have blogs yet. Infact, going to blog.codecanyon.net simply bring up a duplicate of CodeCanyon (with all the links beginning blog.codecanyon….).

I think you are right

8271 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says
I think another reason for the removal of it is that both 3DOcean and CodeCanyon don’t have blogs yet. Infact, going to blog.codecanyon.net simply bring up a duplicate of CodeCanyon (with all the links beginning blog.codecanyon….).
I think you are right

Scott mentioned in his last post the blogs are changing format in the new year, thats probably why…

You can get the blogs RSS and then you wont miss any posts and its easy enough to just check the forum page once a day to see what you’ve “missed” :)

2324 posts
+6 more
CreativeMilk says
I think you are right

Scott mentioned in his last post the blogs are changing format in the new year, thats probably why…

You can get the blogs RSS and then you wont miss any posts and its easy enough to just check the forum page once a day to see what you’ve “missed” :)

Well i dont use RSS .

8271 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says
Well i dont use RSS .

then in all honesty you miss quite alot unless you go through checking each of the top blogs to follow daily…

by
by
by
by
by
by