• Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+2 more
Webmarbles says

I know, I know, with every change someone is going to moan about the fact that something familiar has become different. But here I really felt like I need to say something about it. I understand the need for a division between major categories on the homepage of each Envato marketplace. However, it works good for Themeforest for example, with Wordpress, CMS Themes, eCommerce, etc. being really different and equally distributed categories. But the division on ActiveDen is a joke imho. Flex and Unity3D still are a small contribution to the total amount of new files coming to ActiveDen. I doubt whether anyone is going to use the filters at all.

Now, I wouldn’t think that would be a big problem if it wasn’t for the ‘Show Popular Files’ button to disappear. My routine on ActiveDen has been to check out the popular files every sunday evening as long as the button existed. Looking at the sales of the top sellers of that week in the week following to that, I think I wasn’t the only one with that routine. Now, all there is, is a little ‘Popular Items’ text button in the bottom right corner, not leading to the top sellers of the past week but to files that are not popular at the moment, but mostly were very popular in the last couple of years.

I would really like to see the orange buttons back in top of the thumbnails with a direct link to the popular sales of last week. There is plenty of space to keep the division between categories beside those buttons… Now fingers crossed :)...

92 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
scriptonomy says

The changes currently are under monitoring and review. You need to give the files drop down menu at the top a look, to access your favorite page.

734 posts fifty_tons and CodingJack
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • United States
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
50andJACK says

I would really like to see the orange buttons back in top of the thumbnails with a direct link to the popular sales of last week.

we all do :)

115 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+2 more
Webmarbles says

The changes currently are under monitoring and review. You need to give the files drop down menu at the top a look, to access your favorite page.

I saw that, but I think that isn’t prominent enough at all :-)!

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says

I saw that, but I think that isn’t prominent enough at all :-)!

Please see the current active thread on this issue for further explanation and future plans from the devs.

by
by
by
by
by
by