• Beta Tester
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
marpies says

^ Yes, I guess. Just search for ‘commercial’ in the faq, it’s nearly at the bottom. http://adobe.ly/jnnxel

143 posts I think about colours
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
SkatDesign says

Did you search on Ebay? I saw a lot of retail licenses for just a few hundred dollars.

110 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
cartermatic says

They must have changed their rules because you CAN use the student edition in commercial work:

Can I use my Adobe Student and Teacher Edition software for commercial use? Yes. You may purchase a Student and Teacher Edition for personal as well as commercial use.

http://www.adobe.com/education/students/studentteacheredition/faq.html . Near the bottom.

39 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
inkbiz says

This is interesting. I just called Adobe with some questions regarding the teacher/student discount and the rep said I could not use it commercially. After we hung up, I called back and spoke to another representative in the same department who said I could use it commercially.

He said that to his knowlege, once you have the software, you can do whatever you want with it as there is no licensing against using it commercially.

Yeah!

Now, any difference between Photoshop and Photoshop Extended? Are we just looking at 3D features or is there more?

39 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
inkbiz says

Hey guys, I have a quick question. I qualify for the teacher/student edition in Adobe CS5 as I am a teacher in a primary school. The Design Premium is $449US but I found some on eBay at $375US.

Does anyone know how I would go about activating it or what the process is? I’m thinking of buying it but I don’t want to find myself unable to activate it if it wasn’t purchased from an authorized reseller.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2001 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+3 more
revaxarts says

I bought my CS4 via eBay US and had no problem activating it (I’m Austrian). You have to find a trust able dealer for sure ;)

39 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
inkbiz says

revaxarts thanks for your reply. I’ve been looking through Adobe forums as well as others and the opinions about eBay purchases are divided. I guess it comes down to whether or not the software is legit. I just don’t want to run into surprises when registering the software. Thanks again, I’m still looking to make sure this seller has the real deal.

2001 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+3 more
revaxarts says

revaxarts thanks for your reply. I’ve been looking through Adobe forums as well as others and the opinions about eBay purchases are divided. I guess it comes down to whether or not the software is legit. I just don’t want to run into surprises when registering the software. Thanks again, I’m still looking to make sure this seller has the real deal.

As I mentioned above you can find a trust able forum member from the US to purchase you the bundle. I’m sure that’s much more easy ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by