As in what is your main source for gathering inspirations? Do you get inspirations through tv? Nature?
Feel free to share your way for getting inspirations.
I mainly get inspirations through internet a lot, but I am trying to incorporate real life events for inspirational or innovative ideas as well.
Sometimes, it’s a mood I’m in… Sometimes, it’s a mood I WANT to be in… I’m flexible.
But it always starts with some small musical idea… usually something so tiny and insignificant, that if I’m not careful, I’ll blow it off my shoulder and it will be gone forever. I’ve trained myself to pay attention to those tiny melodies that waft into my head… because once I play with them for a bit, they grow into something quite remarkable…...
And sometimes… it’s the potential OF that growth that inspires me.
Sometimes… I’m inspired because my sales are down and I need something new.
And sometimes, I just load up an instrument I haven’t touched in a while and see what happens.
Sometimes, I let the music write itself – and I don’t force it to become something it’s not…. The music just lets me come along for the ride.
Given – all of this is only for library music. Composing to film is an entirely different animal altogether. When I am free to compose without timing, frame rate, or emotional restrictions, I don’t need to look far to find inspiration. As hippie\hew-age-y\cerebral as it sounds, the very fact that I am alive is frequently enough to get me started.
My advice… Don’t over-think it. Do your thing… Don’t force it! Don’t force it! Don’t force it! Composition is like raising a dog… You have to understand the dog’s needs and let it drink from the toilet… and piddle on the carpet on occasion. If you force it into submission from day one, the dog will never become “man’s best friend”... instead, it will snarl and whine …and probably bite.
- Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 2-3 years
- Bought between 1 and 9 items
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Surprised you guys haven’t heard of it! Enjoy!
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
- Author was Featured
- Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
- Author has had an Item Featured
outside!! mostly at midnight city lights bilboards signs everything.around you. why midnight because you see everything not just people.