4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

why should we work fulltime. when we can make more money contracting? i have been doing it for over 3years now and i will never go back! :)
I would disagree, when taking contract work you often work within a team and can build some amazing things… I don’t see any downsides to contract work over full time employment other than job security…
I disagree with your disagree, It call financial backup, anyone that do freelancing more than 10 years will know what i am talking about, freelancing is such a tedious work flow pursuing your income with this fast pace in our technology world, IT programmer make a lot of money, at some point you will run out of energy if you keep work solo or do from time to time team project.

So companies just use their employees as cash cows ,well find a better employe :P … I can bring in 1 month $1000 and the other month 12G there is really no financial stability, that is the main problem

bobocel.: “There are so many reasons. Maybe at some point in your life you’ll want to be part of something bigger, something that can be built by a team only.”

8281 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

^ did you not read what I said?? You just agreed with my last point lol so I disagree with you disagreeing about my disagreeing.

not that it’s all about money but you can also make much more money on contracts than full time roles, you wont get paid £300-350 per day full time as a dev, ever.

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

^ did you not read what I said?? You just agreed with my last point lol so I disagree with you disagreeing about my disagreeing.
It doesn’t matter what you say Matt, in my DNA there is a fix sequential that say disagree with anything you say :P for old history days ….

Naturally you make much more as a freelancer par day and you are your own boss, and you can drink smoke and do whatever you want to do without any nerd boss behind your shoulder ,but you are young Matt ,do that for 10-20 years then give me a call :P

374 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
MarcoSecchi Envato team says

It doesn’t matter what you say Matt, in my DNA there is a fix sequential that say disagree with anything you say :P for old history days …. Naturally you make much more as a freelancer par day and you are your own boss, and you can drink smoke and do whatever you want to do without any nerd boss behind your shoulder ,but you are young Matt ,do that for 10-20 years then give me a call :P

Hey Tsafi, I’m 41 and still freelancing! Oh well, maybe there’s something wrong with me… :D

Edit: sometimes I also hear voices inside my head that say Flash is not dead…

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

^Hi Marco i know we share the same age :P just don’t tell me you are also a scorpion :P .

Last 2 years was very difficult to me doing it for so long staying now in 1 country, i mean i am doing this from 1997 , so i am back to teaching again as extra …yap same old flash :P .

With all the beaching and crying everyone still use flash but i did a 180 degree hard shifting to mobile and yes all Air base and doing lots of graphic animation unreal , what save me right now is no one really want to learn high level flash so here i am no complained :P .

And indeed Marco something is wrong with you…. you are a freelance dev` and in a way we all carry the same scratch …..

by
by
by
by
by
by