285 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Serbia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
scrnjakovic says

ooohhh Shit right now i’m more confuse lol, but guys I think I’m going to themeloper, if someone wants metrothemes.com and metrotheme.com let me know ;) .... now i have themeloper.com and themelopers.com with S I want to create a team… which is correct to use.?

I’d go with themelopers , as it’s closer to theme developers :)

39 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
ThemeRockstars says

ooohhh Shit right now i’m more confuse lol, but guys I think I’m going to themeloper, if someone wants metrothemes.com and metrotheme.com let me know ;) .... now i have themeloper.com and themelopers.com with S I want to create a team… which is correct to use.?
I’d go with themelopers , as it’s closer to theme developers :)

here we gooo, lol really thanks a lot for you opinion, the goal is make a strong team, I’m agree whit you :)

1878 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

themeloper.com – I am not a fan of these joint made up words that are weirdly pronounced (imo)

acidthemes.com – absolutely fine, would be better when your work is more bold than casual

ohhthemes.com – double h, not a fan of that either, seems presumptuous

metrothemes.com – yeah, smells like Windows, depends on the angle of your work if that is a positive or negative thing

111 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
StevenGliebe says

I like metrothemes.com. The others are awkward to me. I like a name that people can remember (METRO!), that is easy to spell (METRO!), that you can say in person without them typing the wrong thing later (“remember now, that’s ohhthemes.com with TWO H’s!“) and that INSTANTLY make sense to somebody. For example, I had to wonder for a while what a theme “loper” was. Maybe I was just slow to get it but I’m thinking non-dev people aren’t likely to figure it out at all.

I don’t mean any offense, just sharing my impressions in case it’s helpful somehow.

As far as metro going out of style, I don’t think so. I didn’t know it WAS in style and I like it. Can always brand it with a nice city or urban style. City’s aren’t goin’ anywhere. The name would work 10 years ago and it will work 10 years from now as well.

39 posts
ThemeRockstars says

wooww thats really good to hear different views, thanks guys :)

12 posts
  • Located in Romania
NicoaraCostin says

Why not get a new domain name that stands out from the rest of the webdesign/development sites that are out already? Metrothemes makes me think of windows 8 and probably i would aspect to see in your site windows 8 themes. Ohhthemes is weird. Themeloper is just another 2.0 name that doesnt stand out from the rest. Acidthemes is a bold name for a website/portfolio/company. If you go with this name you’ll need a hell of a marketing plan to make it pop and get noticed. Take Envato’s example. The mother name is original and in the web/dev community is known as being a marketplace even if it doesnt have an exact match name. The sub sites are 2.0 names that had a marketing plan and time to get noticed. But … maybe i`m just wrong.

39 posts
ThemeRockstars says

Why not get a new domain name that stands out from the rest of the webdesign/development sites that are out already? Metrothemes makes me think of windows 8 and probably i would aspect to see in your site windows 8 themes. Ohhthemes is weird. Themeloper is just another 2.0 name that doesnt stand out from the rest. Acidthemes is a bold name for a website/portfolio/company. If you go with this name you’ll need a hell of a marketing plan to make it pop and get noticed. Take Envato’s example. The mother name is original and in the web/dev community is known as being a marketplace even if it doesnt have an exact match name. The sub sites are 2.0 names that had a marketing plan and time to get noticed. But … maybe i`m just wrong.

why not give some good ideas, I see you are very intellectual and inventive, to see, give us a few names that could be original and unique ;)

12 posts
  • Located in Romania
NicoaraCostin says

Anything involving creativity or terms that are unique and can create a spark, don’t come for free. You should of known that by now since you own 148 domains.

39 posts
ThemeRockstars says

Anything involving creativity or terms that are unique and can create a spark, don’t come for free. You should of known that by now since you own 148 domains.

yeah i see.. you are so creative..!! ;)

49 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
tamiq says

themeloper sounds good for me and is more universal than metro- something; I think that you should avoid names that can become outdated soon (imagine xpthemes today for example ;))

I am trying to understand why some people don’t like portmanteau words (http://bit.ly/XZKe9j) and I don’t get it. Maybe it’s because I am not English native speaker. But for me combinations like themeloper sounds creative, have meaning, are easy to remember and are short enough (it’s important when writing domain name in browser).

by
by
by
by
by
by