39 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
ThemeRockstars says

themeloper sounds good for me and is more universal than metro- something; I think that you should avoid names that can become outdated soon (imagine xpthemes today for example ;)) I am trying to understand why some people don’t like portmanteau words (http://bit.ly/XZKe9j) and I don’t get it. Maybe it’s because I am not English native speaker. But for me combinations like themeloper sounds creative, have meaning, are easy to remember and are short enough (it’s important when writing domain name in browser).

hey tamiq, reaaly nice your opinion, thanks :)

359 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
kops says

With themeloper, I see the word ‘eloper’ before I see the word ‘theme’. Metro perhaps might have worked 18 months back but has the Windows 8 connotations now.

acidthemes is the most memorable.

39 posts
ThemeRockstars says

With themeloper, I see the word ‘eloper’ before I see the word ‘theme’. Metro perhaps might have worked 18 months back but has the Windows 8 connotations now. acidthemes is the most memorable.

sounds logic dude, thanks :)

164 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
codeblvck says

dont like any of them man, no offence. I think something simpler would do, maybe having the word theme would benefit SEO, but if you have 148 domains and some with the world theme in it, you could always use them to help with SEO for your primary domain that doesnt have the word theme in it.

I think something simpler would be better. Do you have a TLD you deffinitely want, as in does it have to be .com , maybe I can suggest a couple of names.

39 posts
ThemeRockstars says

dont like any of them man, no offence. I think something simpler would do, maybe having the word theme would benefit SEO, but if you have 148 domains and some with the world theme in it, you could always use them to help with SEO for your primary domain that doesnt have the word theme in it. I think something simpler would be better. Do you have a TLD you deffinitely want, as in does it have to be .com , maybe I can suggest a couple of names.

yeah sometimes is not necesary the word theme, sometimes a simple word short and easy to remember is the key to.. for example i have the domain weepaa.com and I put it on sale, which means weepaa? nothing.! another example i have cowhero.com and herocow.com and the same stupid names but the people like it and has something sticky and every day has 15 to 50 visits, it’s true what you say, thanks for you opinion dude.!!

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
resslemania143 says

hi Fellas, I’m a little confused with which domain to use., Which domain sound better? Could you give me your opinion.

themeloper.com acidthemes.com ohhthemes.com or metrothemes.com

thanks

I suggest you to use the domain name “ohhthemes.com” .To get the domain name you should check the availability first .After that only you can register your domain .To check the availability and to register use the [link removed] ..

19 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
BeantownThemes says

Like Rachata mentioned, the reality is nobody cares, it’s the content that matters on a website (or in this case your themes). That being said, don’t use metrothemes, that is considered a style of design at this point, what if you had created your entire business on the domain name cu3erthemes.com a couple years ago, you might regret that now ;)

626 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

I suggest you to use the domain name “ohhthemes.com” .To get the domain name you should check the availability first .After that only you can register your domain .To check the availability and to register use the [link removed] ..

I suggest people look at the post dates, since this thread was started 8 months ago. I think he probably made his choice already ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by